XIX. TRAUMATIZED BITCHES

She didn't know how it will go.

From the start she was afraid. She was afraid that waking up from the dead will hurt them even more. But her heart, her soul was suffering even more than before. She was badly hurt by the explosion, ending up with bad burn wounds across her dorsal part of the body. Her whole back side of her legs were burnt and so were the back of her arms, her neck and her head.

Her back was the only protected part, since she wore a vest. The only luck she had was that she fell directly into snow, cooling down her burning flesh immediately, preventing them to burn even more with fire that got caught up in her hair and clothes. That prevented her skin and muscles from being literally fried.

And that was just a fraction of what happened in the past three years. One of them was that she haunted down all of Boris' assassins and killed them, while following the team. She wanted to take care of them, keep them safe – the very reason no one got hurt badly.

She was always there – right behind their feet.

Today was the last stop before ending it all. She killed the last assassin, ending her mission – the reason she wanted to reveal herself.

Now she didn't care anymore what would happen, since there's nothing else to really happen.

That's why she wasn't fighting back when Simon almost cracked her skull. She let him, because she understood it was something she deserved.

She was alive, but never contacted them, leaving them in a pool of unresolved acid that slowly burned them. But she wasn't strong enough to make appearance. Not when so much was at stake.

She slowly moved her head up, with hair covering the scar.

Luckily the rest of the head healed and so did her hair follicles. Her hair grew again, except for the lowest back part of her head. She dyed them again and is thus perfectly able to hide the scar with them.

But when she combed her hair back across her head, another scar was made visible to all of them – since she was now facing them. It was a gunshot wound.

One she inflicted upon herself.

"I deserved that," she whispered with pain intwined with every word. He hit her a lot, causing a brutal headache since he hit the spot very close to where she shot herself. She seemed dizzy – because she was.

She felt like throwing up, barely able to see in front of her.

Soap, who was close to bursting into tears looked at Ghost with anger laced across his face. "You are the cunt, not her," he then said, pushing his rifle behind his back, kneeling next to Pine, who looked like she was about to die from pain.

He didn't know what to do, so he just gently cupped her cheeks after removing his gloves so that he wouldn't taint her skin with dirt and gun oil.

"Pine, do you hear me?" he gently asked her, what made her open her eyes slowly, which couldn't settle in one place. They were shaking for a couple of seconds, before finally calming down.

"I'm sorry," she uttered while struggling to swallow a giant lump forming in her throat. "I'm so sorry," she repeated and got overtaken by sudden relief upon seeing his blue eyes again.

She missed them so much, she often wanted to die thinking she might never see them again.

Soap shook his head, while settling closer to her, gently wrapping his hands around the waist to pull her into a soft hug. She leaned onto him, leaving traces of blood across his vest and shirt, squeezing the lower right side of his vest for support.