'A silence room is a happy room they say'

I stared blankly at the lit up street that shined against my opened window. Sitting stilly on my wheelchair as my legs dangled and my arms laid beside me on the arm rest; I was studying. Studying the streets, the city, anything that could catch my eye. Starting from the build boards that showed different colors; with pictures of people I didn't know. Then, to people who traveled up and down along side the street; some of them being with families while others were alone.
Alone.
I hated that word. It's really the only word I know to be honest. I only ever felt alone when—really most of the time. I never had friends growing up, besides imaginary ones. I only had my parents; to be honest, they never really felt like parents. Just people who live in the same house as me and check up on me when it's too quiet. Or when it's time to feed or bathe; I wasn't really fond of bath's growing up. I hated the feeling of getting wet and just sitting there while wet. Every time I thought I had a chance to escape; either of my parents would bring me back in—supposedly I just had to deal with it. But that's the thing, having to just sit down and take it, as if I was drowning in a body of water, with no help or no safety to be seen, I just had to take it. What a load of bull. If I had the strength, maybe even the courage to force myself to stand, that would surely change my life to the fullest.

I thought about it—standing up that is. Or at least trying to move at least one portion of my body. Just once. My eyes shifted down to the fingers on my left hand that laid flatly onto the armrest of the wheelchair. I stared at it for a moment before thinking on what I should do. I thought about how I was gonna move my fingers and how will it look, simple. At least in my mind it did. I tried raising my pointer finger—watching as it trembled and shook each time I tried lifting it. I felt my eyes water as I grew angry. Mentally cursing at myself in my mind at how much harder this really was; it angered me knowing that this was officially going to be my life. I knew I accepted it at first but now, I'm seriously starting to think it's true. I finally decided to close my eyes, letting streams of tears roll down my cheeks as I decided to give up.

Suddenly though, I heard my door open with a low click of the knob turning. I didn't check who it was, not like I could anyway. I then hear another click—resembling that the door probably shut; along with the sound of footsteps that were heard from the wooden floor.

"Y/N, honey, it's time for bed."

A women's voice was heard that sounded low and soft. I could tell she was tired judging from the yawn she let out before grabbing onto my hand. Even if she didn't get a response from me, I could tell she understood that I said ok. I wish I could talk to her—be more close with her. Just like those girls with their mom's in pictures or movies. I was always jealous of them, jealous of their relationship with their parents. It made me feel self conscious about myself, knowing that I'm a kid who doesn't even have a relationship with either of her parents.
She grabbed the sides of my wheelchair and led me to my bed that was on the other side of my room—away from the window. She stopped when I reached the side; then picked me up with a low grunt as she carried me to the bed. I laid down on my back while watching her wrap soft warm blankets over me; I sighed quietly as the warmness of my blanket washed over me—like a toasty marshmallow was hugging me tightly. Before the lady left she lifted up my frizzy bangs and gave me a kiss on my forehead; leaving a smudge of her pink-ish lipstick on my face.

"I love you Y/N..."

"I love you too mom."

The words I deeply wished I could say. Or at least give her a smile to show that... I really do love her. I looked up at her with my eyes glistening from my previous tears; she smiled lovingly at me before turning on her heels and leaving back out the door.

Click

The door shut. I laid there still. Staring out the window at the buildings along the city. However, my eyes soon beamed as I saw a build board that showed different heroes. Some of them that could set fire, some of them that could fly, and even some that had the ability to take others abilities. My eyes stayed hypnotized by the many different people that showed. Still in my thoughts, I imagined myself being a super hero, traveling wherever I wanted to, saving people's lives and being loved for it! A life that I bet any kid nowadays would want. And...maybe even me?

.

.

.