'A day the whole world went dark'

November 27th, 5:10 a.m

I laid still on my bed. Sound asleep as I felt my chest rise and fall with every soft breath I took. There was no noise, only the sound of my fan blowing against my face; and the zooming cars that were heard from my opened window. It was a peaceful night—that, until I heard screaming coming from outside. My eyes flickered opened and glanced over at my window. I saw explosions and fire—blue fire... I wanted to get a clear view of what was happening but however, my body was still unable to move. As the fire grew, my eyes flashed when a light post came crashing down in the middle of the street—causing cars to swerve and crash. I desperately wanted to move to see if my parents were still home, knowing they leave to go to work around this time. I then hear a door busting open and my mom comes rushing in. She's breathing rapidly and her eyes are a hint of red, seems as if she'd been crying.

"Y/N, we must leave the area! Villains are attacking the city!"

She says with a husky voice as she wraps me in my blanket like a caterpillar, then picks me up and runs out of the room. I was so confused and worried by what she meant by 'villains'. I wish I could ask her what she meant but all I could do was shut my eyes tight and be still in her arms.
Once we both made it out of the building, I finally opened my eyes, only to see horror upon me. Our apartment building had been set on fire and most of the building had been destroyed! In fact, the whole city was destroyed! People were rushing out of their homes and into their cars as more fire spread throughout the street. And from a glimpse of my eye, I could see two people fighting. One of them had black flowing hair, with what seemed like a scarf that was choking another guy. But this guy looked more disturbing...
Mostly his face—his face was like glass. Broken and cracked, baby blue-ish hair that was almost white and most importantly, his eyes. Those eyes...the deepest shade of red. Almost like blood! But once I saw him it felt like time had slowed down; his eyes shifted towards me and once he saw me his smile began to widen. Exposing his gums and rows of teeth that were a tad bit yellow—sorta pointy in some rows. Time switched back to its original pace and my mother continued darting pass cars and away from the crime scenes. I couldn't take my eyes away from behind my mother's shoulder. That man's face never left my mind. Especially that smile, the smile of pure evil.

My mother had stopped behind an old building and kept looking side to side. I could tell she was anxious and afraid. Once she had caught a glimpse of me it seemed she calmed down; she hugged me tight, so tight I was unsure on what she was thinking. I could feel her heart beating violently against my chest as tears began pouring out her eyes.

"It's ok Y/N. Everything will be ok, just...j-just fine."

She said while even though, I knew she didn't know that was true. I could tell that she only wanted to say those words to me so I wouldn't worry. But I was. I was so worried. About my dad, about those people, and... even worried about that guy. That crazy looking guy. I shut my eyes tight trying to shake the image of him. My mother watched as I shook violently and caressed my cheek. Cupping her hands carefully around them as if I was the most fragile thing. I opened my eyes, having warm liquid pool down from my eyes as I stared at my mother; she stared back at me, her eyes soft and a small smile on her face. Even if I didn't know for sure that we were safe, my mother was still with me—that, I did know.

"Y/N, everything is...everything is going to be fine ok?"

She struggled to say as she choked on a sob. Her eyes are beat red and her makeup is now smudged, having the pink-ish lipstick she always wore now smeared and her eye makeup now runny and a mess. I've never seen my mother so weary, so unhappy, so... blue. She was always filled with joy—always had such an bright expression that could lighten anyone's day. I've never not seen her once have any other expression, besides happiness. It was like no other emotion could dwell into her, I guess that's why she's so emotional now. All of that hidden sadness must've been building up in her she just couldn't help but let it out now. I felt sad. No. Pity. I felt pity for my mother. I felt empathy for my mother. I could see myself in her, and I bet she could see herself in me—both of us having all of these pent up emotions that have been boiling inside, and now for holding it for so long... neither of us could hold back anymore.