Chapter 7

Ever's POV

"Yo, Ever," I vaguely hear a voice call. "She's not waking up," another voice says. I groan. "Who are y'all and why the hell are you trying to wake me at this ungodly hour of the morning?" "Ooh, someone's not a morning person," the first voice, which I believe is Ava's, says. A pillow comes in contact with my face and I squint my eyes open grudgingly.

"We've been trying to wake you up for the past fifteen minutes," Wren says. "Well why are you trying to wake me up so early in the morning?" I ask. She laughs and goes to pull the curtains open, allowing the very bright sunlight to stream into the room. "It's past one in the afternoon," she says. I quirk an eyebrow at her. "I don't believe you," I say. She doesn't say anything, all she does is hand me my phone.

I check the time and realize that she's right. I rub my eyes to get the remaining sleep out and finally get out of bed. "We wanted to wake you up earlier, but you looked like you needed the sleep, so we decided to wait a little bit," Ava says.

"How did you guys even get in? I don't remember telling Mason and Alexis that you'd be coming here..." I trail off as they both glare at me. "We got lucky that your brother was just about to head out. If not, we'd have had to wait till you decided to finally wake up," Wren explains.

"Oh. That makes sense," I nod. "So where do you guys have in mind for us to go?" I ask. "We are going to the mall. Wren and I agreed that we need to buy you more uhh... fashionable clothes," Ava says and glances at Wren. I freeze. How do I tell them that it's useless getting me any new clothes at this time because I'll soon have a baby bump and a lot of fat, and I probably won't even get a chance to wear most of the clothes?

"You guys..." I start, but then I pause. I don't want to tell them that I am pregnant, not yet anyway, so how am I going to explain why I don't need new clothes at the moment? An idea pops into my head almost instantly. "Okay, fine. You can get me new 'fashionable' clothes," I say. They start to squeal and jump and I have to cover my ears because their squealing is so pitchy, and then I continue. "But, on one condition, and that condition only," I state. Their squeals stop immediately.

"What condition?" they ask at the same time. "You can only get me four outfits, and they have to be three sizes bigger than I am." They scrunch their faces up in confusion. "Why do you want bigger clothes?" Ava asks. "Because I prefer bigger clothes," I shrug.

Wren seems to be thinking about something. "How about we get you three outfits that are bigger, and one dress that we all agree fits you perfectly?" she suggests. "Okay, fine," I comply. Their squealing starts all over again, and I run out to the bathroom before they can make me deaf.

I turn on the hot water and fill the tub, spontaneously deciding to take a proper bath instead of a shower. I mix three different types of bubble bath in the gleaming white porcelain tub— Lavender, Sandalwood and Vanilla— because, well, why not? and then I proceed to scrub my body with a loofah and then relax in the tub for the next twenty-something minutes.

I drain out the water in the tub, wash my hair with the Lavender-based shampoo that I assume belongs to Alexis, and then turn on the shower to rinse everything off of my body. Once I'm satisfied, I wrap my hair with a baby blue towel and my body in a pink one, and then I head back to my room.

"Why the hell did you take so long in the bathroom?" Wren grumbles immediately I step back into the room. "I felt like taking a bath instead of a shower," I reply honestly, not moving from where I'm standing next to the door. "Well hurry up and get dressed!" Ava says and I chuckle.

I put on clean underwear and then get dressed in a baby pink sweater and a pair of dark jeans. Since we're going to the mall, and we're going to walk around a lot—depending on how long Wren and Ava shop for—so I decide to wear a pair of flat sandals. I dry my hair and use some lipgloss, and I tell them that I'm ready to go.