|four|

Hera picked up the book.

There was something deeply satisfying about the feel of blood ... straight out of a Stephen King novel. But she relished the feeling of blood on her skin.

"That's gross," Thalia commented. Livia shrugged. It was a satisfying feeling.

Because Livia was knee deep in blood.

It was such a shame that it wasn't just a figure of speech.

"A battle?" Octavian mused.

They were in the Colosseum, getting rid of the last ... That was not counting the ones that ran while they still had the chance.

"Gladiator battles," Livia and Jason cheered, sparkles in their eyes.

No matter. They'll get them soon enough.

But for those left behind, the Senate had the wonderful idea of letting the ingrates fight for their life ... in case they ran to the Titans. No need to give them more warriors.

And now here she was demolishing any that came across her blade.

"This is the best thing that has ever happened to me," Livia smiled in excitement. She was almost bouncing in her seat. Octavian laughed lightly, "It's funnier because you also have an anti-war stance."

"She has a what?" Grover asked in disbelief.

Livia shrugged, waving away his words. "I am not a fan of war. I strongly disagree with it, but I do love a good battle. And I like to be prepared in case someone does court war."

Blue eyes had darkened considerably as if looking into the eye of a storm. Her body moved with fluidity that none could process. The ground ran rampant with blood and gore and waste.

Livia smiled lightly.

Livia enjoyed this more than she cared to admit....Archie as she prowled forward. She hoped this kill wouldn't make her lose favor with Mercury and Venus as he stumbled away from her.

She winced as the aforementioned gods turned to her as Octavian scowled. "He's in my cohort. He's the only Archie at Camp that's a son of Venus and a legacy of Mercury."

She wondered how she looked to him. Eyes alight with danger... with power... with promise... blood streaking her face and arms and legs... gore decorated her hair like glitter. She bet he wished he had been chosen for Jason's week. As if the son of Jupiter was not as viscous as her.

"Hmp," Livia sniffed. "Everyone thinks you're nice and kind."

Octavian and Kalina burst into laughter. "Jason? Nice?"

"I can be nice!" Jason spluttered.

The three of them snorted while Reyna looked at them in disbelief. "He's nice to me."

Livia immediately stopped laughing and scowled as she bit her tongue to stop from saying something scathing.