Tourist Trapped

Ah, Summer break. A time for leisure, recreation, and takin' 'er easy...Unless you're me.

A golf cart burst through the town sign welcoming people to Gravity Falls.

Trees were toppled down as a ginormous creature followed after the three kids inside the golf cart.

"It's getting closer!" Artemis exclaimed as she clung to the back seat.

My name is Artemis Winchester. The girl about to puke is my distant cousin Mabel. While the boy trying to be like Vin Deisel in Fast Furious is my other cousin, Dipper. And the girl, clinging to the backseat for dear life...that would be me. You may be wondering what we're doing in a golf cart fleeing from a creature of unimaginable horror.

Artemis gasped as the golf cart nearly missed a tree as it was thrown at them by the monster. "Look out!"

Dipper swerved to miss the tree.

"Rest assured, there's a perfectly logical explanation. Let's rewind. It all began when my older brothers, Sam and Dean, decided I could use some fresh air. I don't know why I couldn't just stay with Uncle Bobby...but they had insisted on shipping me up north to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon, to stay at my great-uncle's place in the woods. Apparently, they weren't the only ones with the idea of shipping off their kids, because I'm now spending my summer with my two distant cousins and a great-uncle I never knew I had.

Artemis was setting up her side of the attic, which was a bit hard when sharing with two other kids, but considering the small motel rooms she had been going in and out of, it was manageable.

"This attic is amazing!" Mabel cheered as she put up her posters. "Check out all my splinters!"

"And there's a goat on my bed," Dipper said.

"Hey, friend," Mabel greeted the goat, who began to chew on her shirt. "Oh! Yes, you can keep chewing on my sweater,"

It would seem that Mabel tended to look on the bright side of things.

Mabel rolled around outside. "Yay! Grass!"

But Dipper had a hard time getting used to our new surroundings.

"Boo!" Gruncle Stan appeared next to Dipper, wearing a monster mask, scaring Dipper.

And then there was our great-uncle Stan...Our uncle had transformed his house into a tourist trap called the Mystery Shack. The real mystery was why anyone came.

"Ladies and gentlemen, behold. The Sascrotch," Gruncle Stan showed the tourists a sasquatch statue wearing underwear.

"Whoa! Oh, my gosh!" The tourists marveled.

And guess who had to work there? It looked like it would be the same boring routine all summer, until one fateful day...

Mabel poked her head over the Gruncle Stan bobbleheads. "He's looking at it. He's looking at it!"

"Uh..." a boy looked over the piece of paper Mabel had given him "'Do you like me? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely?"

Mabel glanced over at Artemis. "I rigged it!"

"Mabel, I know you're going through your whole 'boy crazy' phase," Dipper pointed out, "but I think you're kind of overdoing it with the 'crazy' part,"

"What?!" Mabel exclaimed. "Come on, Dipper! This is our first summer away from home. It's my big chance to have an epic summer romance,"

"Yeah, but do you need to flirt with every guy you meet?" Artemis pointed out.