❣︎ 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 ❣︎

One Hundred and fifteen years ago
Ai City, Ba Sing Se.

"Please, Miss Natalie? Just one more?" The boy clasped his hands and juts out his bottom lip in pout as he begs his camp counselor.

"Yes, Please?" The other children joined him as they beg their teacher for one more story before bed.

"Okay, fine," The older lady replies, giving in. "Just one more and then you all go to bed."

The children cheer with joy as they all gather around the fire pit.

"So children, What story would you like to hear?" Miss Natalie asks the younger crowd.

A girl quickly raises her hand and answers before called on. "Tell us the story about the girl with the red hood that goes into the woods and gets eaten by a wolf!"

Another girl jumps up and counters her idea. "No! Tell us the one about the gold girl and the three bears!"

As the children debate about what story to hear before bed, Miss Natalie notices a boy she doesn't recognize siting away from the group. It wasn't common for children to wander across her camp, but when they do, she let's them in with open arms.

"Quiet down, Quiet down," Miss Natalie tells the crowd and walks towards the little boy. "And what story would you like to hear, young sir?"

They boy looks up at her, as if startled, and blinks a few times. He looks around the area, lifts his knees up to his chest and wraps his arms around his legs.

The area grows quiet as the other children waits for his response. The boy's face turns crismon at the unwanted attention.

"May I ask you what your name is?" Miss Natalie asks.

"Uhm," The boy pauses and takes a glance around the area once more. "Aang."

"Well, Aang, it's tradition for us to let the new kid choose our campfire story. Can you tell me what story you would like to hear?"

Aang ducks his head while giving his response.

Miss Natalie pats his back in encouragement. "Speak up dear."

He lifts his head up and repeats his response. "A tale about the Angels would be nice, I guess."

The older woman was taken a back by his answer. "Are you sure?"

The boy nods his head in response.

"Very well then." Miss Natalie turns and returns to her original spot on the wooden logs, made into comfortable benches with by the Earth benders— their sub-skill with nature being very helpful around camp.

"Okay children, Gather around and quiet down. This is the tale about the gaurdians of our planet."

And so, The elder woman began to tell her story about the Angels, per the young boy's request.

"The Angels had been watching over humans for Centuries, but as time went on, humans started to become more independent and began to question the Angels.

The Angels realized they no longer had control over the people of earth so they created the Avatar, an Angelic being that could help them regain control.

The Avatar was a powerful being, sent here to gain the humans trust.

However, the devil soon found out about it and quickly decided to create the Avatar's executioner, The Antibode."

"What happened then?" One of the children asked.

"It's not our story to write." Miss Natalie responds. She turns her head to look at the new Comer — Aang.