chapter 2

"... and there's insufficient evidence to reject the null?" Jennie looks up from her notes, her eyebrows raise, a hopeful look on her face.

Lisa lips spread into a big smile and lets out a yell. "Yes!" she squeals, dropping her pencil and leaning in to peck Jennie's cheeks. "You get it!" she says in between.

"Lisaaaaa." Jennie groans, closing her eyes, scrunching her nose.

A snicker interrupts her thoughts. Jennie peaks open her left eye, only to see Jisoo smirking while playing on her switch. Jennie shakes her head, pulling herself away from Lisa's embrace.

Jennie pouts, shooting Lisa's playful glare.

Lisa giggles, mimicking the pout. "You're so cute." She coos, she purses her lips, leaning in till their lips are only a few milimeters apart. Jennie quickly puts her hand on Lisa's lips, turning Lisa's head to the side. This isn't exactly new between them. Lisa's always been the affectionate type of friend, always cuddling them, holdings hands or kissing them- at least, trying to kiss them.

Lisa giggles again. She leans back with her arms supporting herself. "You're gonna pass tomorrow, trust me." The Thai woman says, a confident smile on her lips. "Just try not to worry too much, okay?"

Jennie smiles back and nods. "Thanks, Lis."

"Anything for you, Ni." Lisa says, staring intensely into Jennie's eyes. Jennie parts her lips and sucks in her breath, her stomach fluttering under Lisa's gaze. How is it that Lisa gets her tongue-tied and flustered like this?

Fuck, Jennie. Get a grip.

"Are we done already?" She hears Jisoo say, cutting the trance. Lisa's the first one to break away, turning to face their oldest friend.

Jennie lets out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. She shakes her head, trying to get it together. Wanting to refocus her attention on anything but her racing heartbeat, Jennie tries to distract herself by staring back at her textbook; looking for another problem to solve.

Because the problem in front of her is far too complex to even begin to solve.

"Yep!" Lisa says, the excitement so evident in her voice. "And you know what that means?"

"What?" Jennie asks.

"We party!" Lisa jumps out of bed, breaking out in a tiny dance. "We're gonna party," she sings, her hips moving in rhythm of her song. "we're gonna partyyy," she jumps to the bed Jisoo's resting on, jumping up and down.

"And meet our soulmates," She sings excitedly.

"Ah, Lisa. I'm almost done with this level." Jisoo groans, her eyes never leaving her switch.

Lisa stops jumping on the bed and runs to Jennie's closet. "Ni, can i borrow that turtleneck?" she rummages through her clothes.

Jennie looks up from the textbook, tapping a finger on her chin. "I think the crop top i showed you last week would look better on you." She suggests. Fashion is something the two of them share an interest in.

"Just how good exactly, Jendeuk?" Jisoo asks, finally looking up from her game with a smirk on her face. The comment seemingly flying over Lisa's head as she continues looking around.

Jennie rolls her eyes and gives her the finger.

"Ah. Yes, yes. I like the way you think." Lisa takes out the top from the closet. She turns around. "Well, what are you guys waiting for?" she asks. "Get ready!"

_________

"But how does she know though," Jisoo asks. They're only a block away from Joy's sorority house, walking arm in arm together with an excited Lisa in the middle.