8.

Tuesday.

Karter's HouseWashington, DC1:40PM

Karter's House
Washington, DC
1:40PM

Today is a federal holiday so, we're closed. Sadly the gym was closed as well but restaurants were still open which means I was going to brunch with Zion. "Look at us lowkey matching. And maybe I'm trippin', considering you've been in the gym for barely a day but why you got a lil ass." Zion said smacking my butt lightly. "Don't play, this ass is home grown. It comes with the estate." I said as I ran my hand down my sides, outlining my figure. "Girl, let's go before I have to lock your conceited ass up." She said making me laugh. "1-2-3-NOT IT!" I exclaimed making her stomp her foot as she grabbed her coat. "Not fair!" She said and I shrugged. "Life isn't fair let's go." I said before walking out the door. I watched as she threw on her black trench coat, her bright outfit paired with a her Dolls Kill x Bratz platform boots. "You're so cute." I complimented and she gave me an exaggerated smile. "Cute enough not to drive." She said and I copied her smile. "Of course not." I said, she sucked her teeth as she turned to lock my house door. "At least I can eat cinnamon toast." She said and I scoffed. "That's fucked up."

We made it to the restaurant and of course it was packed because so many people weren't working today, luckily Zion is the reservation queen and we had no issue getting seated. "What're you getting since you're on a diet?" Zion asked and I bite my lip, thinking before looking up. "Turkey bacon, egg whites and fruit." I said and she bit back a laugh. "You know what, good job for your commitment. I applaud you, truthfully." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah whatever, when this ass get fatter and this waist get smaller you gone be asking for the routine." I said and she shook her head. "Laurel adores these love handles, if I get rid of them she might get rid of me." She said and I nodded. "Plus, I've never been more comfortable in my body. I swear when you find your person stuff you use to worry about don't even phase you." She admitted. Our waiter walked up. "I'm sorry for the wait, I'm Falon. If you all are ready I can take your drink and meal order now." She said and we nodded. "That'll be great." We said in unison before placing our orders. Not long after she left we were back talking and laughing. "I'll take peak The Weeknd over peak Partynextdoor any day." Zion said drinking her mimosa that I couldn't have because of my diet. "I can agree. Trilogy and Beauty Beyond the Madness is truly superior." I said and she stuck her arm out. "Exactly! I mean The Zone alone can take out half of Partynextdoor's portfolio!" She said making me laugh. She was really going hard on this, evidently this is something that her and Laurel couldn't agree on. "Okay okay but what about that era of Drake, he's an asshole no doubt but he don't be making no bad song especially on Care Package and Take Care. Masterpieces, truly." I said throwing my hands up and she looked at me blankly. "I hate that you got me agreeing with the likes of Drake right now." She said. "I sure hope you ordered something fitting." I heard the voice of Trinity say beside me, turning my head to see her standing at my side in a long sleeve knit dress with a pair of Chanel sneakers and a white puffer coat. I stood up, smiling, as I gave her a hug. "Of course I did. This is my best friend Zion, Zion this is Trinity, my trainer." I said. Zion smiled at her before standing. "I'm a hugger, nice to meet you." Zion said as her and Trinity hugged. "Me to! Nice to meet you as well! She's mentioned you before and you are beautiful!" Trinity's naturally bubbly personality making me smile. "Thank you, you as well. I see why she chose you as a trainer." Zion said referring to her body, respectfully. "Thank you! Oh the guys are here as well." Trinity said just as Johnathan walked up. "Hey!" He said in a shocked tone as he gave me a side hug. "Hey!" I said laughing. "I'm Johnathan." He introduced himself to Zion before I could, sticking his hand out. She shook it, retuning the gesture. "What did you order?" Trinity asked, crossing her arms. "Just egg whites, Turkey bacon and fruit." I said. "Next time try an omelette with vegetables, it's more filling." She said and I nodded. "Noted." Just as we started to joke and laugh Joshua and Rami walked up. "Hey guys." I said. "Zion; Joshua and Rami; Joshua and Rami; Zion." I said too quickly. My palms grew sweaty as I looked at everyone except Joshua. Something about seeing him when I'm dressed as I am made me nervous, like a was exposing something to the world that I shouldn't. I felt his eyes on me causing me to chew the inside of my lip. "Nice meet you." Rami said shaking Zion's hand. "What's up." Joshua said giving her a nod. "We'll we're about to go eat ourselves. We'll see you guys around." Trinity said her goodbyes before they all walked off leaving Zion and I at our table. "Are you fuckin' shittin' me!" She whisper yelled as she leaned across the table. "What?" I asked and she looked at me with the, I know you lyin' look. "You're crushing on that short twin!" She said and my eyes went wide, plucking her hand that was on the table. "I do not and he's not short! He's only like a inch short than his brother." I said and her eyes went wide. "Oh bitch! No the fuck you didn't correct me on his height. You are so feelin' him." She said shaking her head in amusement. "You we're practically avoiding his existence! Let me see your hand." She said making me furrow my brows, slowly giving her my hand. She flipped it over and placed her hand on my palm, laughing as she pushed my hand back. "Hand moist just like your panties are for that man!"