17.

Thursday.

Cypher DentistryWashington, DC9:15AM

Cypher Dentistry
Washington, DC
9:15AM

I walked into my moms office and smiled. A beautiful bouquet of white roses sitting on her desks. "Aw, daddy sent you flowers!" I said as I sat across from my mom drinking some water white Stanley cup. Lowering her glasses she turned and looked at me. "Your father would never send me white roses, I like lilies." She said, motioning her head to the flowers she kept by her window seal. "Ooo, I'm snitching!" I said making her suck her teeth. "Child, read the card. They aren't for me!" She exclaimed, laughing as she took her glasses off, shaking her head and crossing her arms. I was puzzled. Pulling the card from the holder I damn near fainted seeing they were for me.

Have a good day,
I'll see you soon.

-J. ;)

"Looks like you have a secret admirer." She teased. My skin was hot. I couldn't believe he sent me flowers and to my job at that. A man on a mission. I smiled before pulling out my phone.

Thank you, they're lovely.
Delivered at 9:18AM
Read at 9:18AM

I watched the the three grey bubbles popped up before they went away. Laughing I grabbed my flowered before walking to my office, closing the door. He still hasn't responded and he read my message. I hate read notifications and he knows that. I hesitated but FaceTimed him, propping my phone on its stand before starting to log into my iMac. I heard as my phone connected to his, looking to see him in an office of his own. "Good morning, Dr. Fatu." I said making him smile. "Good morning." He said. He was leaned back in his desk chair, his head tilted to the side, arms propped up on the arm rest. How did I know this? He chair was slid back so I also saw him manspreading. He really was something else. "You know I hate being left on read." I said as I pulled out my planner, double checking my appointments on both my online log and written log. "I do. Got use to seeing you every day and didn't want to mess up my streak." He said. I bit my lip, forcing back a smile as I looked down at the planner to hide my reaction. "Well played." I said. Taking a deep breath I looked up at my phone giving him a curt nod. "When is your lunch break?" He asked and I checked my planner, again. "Um- two o'clock." I said and he nodded. "I'll be there at two." He said and I furrowed my brows before smiling. "Are you asking me to lunch?" I asked, sitting back in my chair just as he sat up in his. "I'm telling you, respectfully of course." He said and I raised a brow. I turned my head as I licked my lips nervously. "I expect to see you at then." I said as I looked back at my phone seeing a smile grown on his face. "Have a good day, Karter." He said, don't be saying my name, I thought as I crossed one leg over the other, squeezing them together.

After I hung up I laid my head back, sighing. A notification pinged on my iMac making me look up. I had a new appointment. Teeth gems scheduled for tonight, already paid in full. I smiled pulling up the information. It's been a couple weeks since I've done teeth gems, including on myself but mines were still holding on strong, as they should. My smiled dropped and my eyes went wide seeing that Joshua booked the appointment. Instantly I pulled out my phone.

Joshua.
Delivered at 9:33AM

Dr. Cypher.
Delivered at 9:33AM

No read receipts. I smiled.

You're having me work overtime, you know that?
Delivered at 9:34AM

I'll buy dinner. See you soon.
Delivered at 9:34AM

At 2.
Delivered at 9:34AM

I'll see you soon, Dr. Fatu.
Delivered at 9:34AM
Read at 9:35

He gets on my nerves. "Dr. Cypher, your nine-forty-five is here. They completed their paper work already, it should be in your system." Joi said on my intercom. "Thank you Joi. Coming now."

Omniscient
Cypher Dentistry
2:00PM

Karter walked outside seeing Joshua's car. He got out his car smiling as he walked towards her, pulling her into a hug. "What's up? How's your day been?" He asked, grabbing her hand as he led her to the passenger side of his car. "Hey, It's been good. Thank you again for the flowers." She said. He nodded as he opened the door and helped her in. Running back to the other side he got in and started the car. "I'm glad you liked them. I was thinking maybe sushi for lunch?" He said and she smirked, crossing her arms before turning towards her. Feeling her staring he cracked into a smile before glancing at her. "Who you been talking to? No one assumes that someone likes sushi!" She said. His cheeks fell red before he licked his lips nervously. "I got a inside man." He said, shrugging. "Whatever inside man. I'm not telling Trinity anything else!" She said and he laughed. "Hey! I like to be prepared!" He said making her laugh. "You could've asked!" She exclaimed, shaking her head. "I could've but then you would've have been impressed." He said. "You do not have to impress me, Joshua." She said, her tone sweet and sincere. He pulled up at a red light and looked at her. "You know I like you, right?" He said with a boyish grin making her look away as her cheeks ran warm. "Hey." He said, placing his hand on her thigh. She looked at his hand and then him. "Right?" He asked leaning closer, his other hand still gripping the steering wheel. Her brain short circuited seeing him come closer. Not thinking she leaned in as well. "Yeah." She said barely above a whisper. They were breathing in each others air, getting closer. "I like you to." She said, turning her head slightly before cupping her hand around the back of his neck. A horn honked startling them both. She pulled away, running her hand threw her hair, crossing one leg over the other as she looked out the window. He pulled at his beard, annoyed, turning on some music.