Anger

Anger is a destructive and violent force. Sometimes it has a reason, sometimes it doesn't.

Life #4-

Jessie Ford

The fire grew brighter and her knuckles start to ache with the desire to punch something. The faint sting from last night's trip to the gym lingers when she relaxs the fist she didn't know she had formed.

The teacher asks her if she is paying attention and she grits out a yes.

The day was not going well. This morning her parents told her that she needed to do better in school, despite her 4.0 average. On the bus, a bratty young boy kept throwing pencils at her and she had to hold her self back from yelling at him. It was only first period and she already wanted to punch something.

Her plans for the evening were made before she could think about it. An evening spent beating a punching bag was an evening of relief and happiness for her.

The bell rings and students flood out of the room. She leaves amidst the chaos and quickly heads to the lunch room to avoid and irritants.

One more push and she just might explode.

She eats her lunch.

She feels someone drop their spaghetti on her with vicious purpose.

She feels herself slip away and her knuckles make contact with a face.