8

JENNIE

Me:
Hi Lisa! How's the shoot? I'm sure you're going to smash it!

I sent that message 2 days ago and I haven't gotten a reply from Lisa. I'm guessing Lisa is on the way to the airport to return. I continue to sit by the pool in my house just watching the clouds move by.

<1 Message from Lisa>

Excitement fill me as I quickly tap on the notification.

Lisa:
Hi Jennie, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I got your biscuits! I'm on my way to the airport. See you when I'm back?

Me:
Hi Lisa, I thought something happened to you! Haha! Yeah. I want my biscuits!

Lisa:
Nah, nothing happened. I ended up hanging out with Jade from Little Mix. Ah, I get it now, you just want to meet me for the biscuits.. Got it, Jennie.. 🤭

Me:
I can't believe you'd think that of me. I'm heartbroken Lisa 😭

Lisa:
I'm just kidding. Text you when I'm back. See ya!

She's been with Jade this whole time? I'm feeling jealous. I wish I was the one spending time with her. I couldn't sit still, this jealousy is driving me insane. I decide to call my mom. She's the one I tell everything to.

<Outgoing call: Mom>

Me: Hello mom?

Mom: Hello dear, you okay? You don't sound well.

Me: Do you still believe in true love?

Mom: What kdrama have you been watching again?

Me: None mom.. I just want to know how you feel about it.

Mom: I still do believe in true love. Your father and I didn't make our marriage work. But that doesn't make me think true love doesn't exist. Your father is a good man, and if I could do things differently, I would still choose him. And he gave me you.

Me: Really?

Mom: Absolutely. I still care for your father, Jennie, even though we are living our own lives. Now tell me, why are you asking me this?

Me: Sigh, I think I like someone. I don't know if it's love because I don't really know her.

Mom: Well, tell me about what you know about her then..

Me: She's... She's actually the one who saved you from the car accident. You know about the hospital stay and fan sign already. But she's also the photographer shooting me for my Chanel campaigns.

Mom: Wow.. So what's holding you back?

Me: Everything? My career.. And I'm not even sure if she's into me. I don't want to throw everything out just to be heartbroken and losing everything I've worked so hard for.

Mom: Jennie, if you want to experience true love, you got to be brave. Even if it's someone of the opposite sex. When you choose to be brave to pursue, be fully committed, not half-hearted. Let me ask you Jennie, when you fall in love, would you really care what people think?