Chapter 1- Whatever, my bestfriend hates me

Jasmine

November is a strange month. It has good days, bad days, and even the worst day. That makes no sense. I have suffered from embarrassment before, but this was very embarrassing. I, Jasmine Duberti, had the worst day of my life. Well... Not exactly. I never actually experienced the worst day of my life. This was probably one of the worst days of the month. Maybe.

My best friend Danica Reed decided to sit with the popular girls, Lily, and Jessi. Everybody knew Danni. Danica's hair is red and short (a wavy bob), and her eyes are bright blue. Not those I-have-blue-eyes-and-you-might-not-notice blue eyes, she has the purest ones. She's into makeup. Still, she looks beautiful without makeup. She has a very big house and knows all of the social media trends. She has lots of followers on Hashtag and she tried to sponsor some companies ( it didn't work because they were interested in someone with a bigger social media page.) Danni has a pretty okay reputation. Nobody talks about her like she's a big hit or something, she just has an average popular girl rep.

I have brown hair and green eyes. I have clubmaster glasses. I am into fashion like Danni, but she's way too girly. I like clothes like hoodies. I am into soccer and volleyball. And my social media has only 9 likes and I posted 14 things. I'm nice to people, my house is pretty average and I had the best grades in town. What's not to like about me? Oh wait- did I forget to mention something? What is Danni and not me? You guessed it- Popular. One of the popular girls at Amos Rich School. That's what Danni is, and that's what the popular girls like.

Last year in grade 7, me, Danni, and Delilah were best friends. We were crazy weirdos not caring about what anybody else thought. Until Delilah moved to Virginia which is very far from Massachusetts. Danni completely changed. She said I was constantly embarrassing her, that I should wear makeup, and that I should follow the trends. And she said I was too skinny. It's crazy how she was trying to change my personality. And my looks.

Now, what's the problem? Well, let's get into the current situation.

"You faked a lot. You're not a friend. I think our friendship came to an end. So when, so when, you finally listen to me. I will become superior and so free, the sky's the limit, it's just enough, sometimes I will cry and start to cough. You know, and I know that the ghosting needs to end." I sang while looking at Hashtag

" Ewww!" Lily dramatically wiped her hands on her pants. " That song is sooooo old and soooo annoying."

I frowned at her. Lily was those girls who were trying so hard to be popular and would always say that they're "sooo bad" at something and eventually do it well and make you feel bad. She also agrees a lot with people with a higher reputation. She is so unloyal.

" I know right! I prefer " Soft Wednesday" By Mallory Antil." Danica claimed.

" I know right!" Lily repeated.

" Last Wednesday, was the time when our relationship started. I was in a cocoon but you let me free and stole my heart. You are mine and I am yours." Lily , Jessi and Danica sang. Danica is really good at singing, and me- not really, but I am definitely better than Lily and Jessi.

They were screeching! If you ask me, the beat is not good and Mallory's voice cracked multiple times, but when people noticed she said it was for the aesthetic.

" I prefer 90s rap to be honest, my favourite is probably Poppin' from Jester King. You know him? He still makes rap-" They still were singing and ignoring me. Whatever.

" Oooh! How do you have such a good voice? Girl!" Lily squealed and proudly hugged Danica like she's the reason Danica has a good singing voice. As if!

Danica shrugged. " I don't know, I just like to sing sometimes." Danica acted like it wasn't a big deal, but her voice was very pretty.