Chapter 4

A new day. Anger still filled my blood stream, fueling my hate fire and giving me energy to get up and get dressed. Mrs. Baker was no where to be found, much to my disappointment.

I was in my usual spot by the window. Red car, red car, navy, tan.  Voices became louder behind me obviously a couple of men. Kids squealed beside me all under the age of 9. Being an American citizen I was apparently still a child at 17. Even though I was in the U.K. Sitting in a childs ward day after day was not my cup of tea.

"We're all so happy to be here and to meet you guys!" a man said excitedly, I could hear many chuckled go throughout the room. I guess there were multiple people here. I continued to stare out the window my anger dispersing, leaving me tired and unsatisfied.  

"Who is that?" I heard a kind soft voice ask. Something aout his voice made me want to smile.

Odd.

"Oh, don't go over there" Mrs. Baker's voice cut in. I pictured her grabbing the man's arm and yanking him away form me. What a bitch.

"Why?" I heard another rougher voice cut in.

"The poor thing isn't in a right state of mind. Hasn't been since she was in a car accident a year ago."  She lied easily to these strangers.

"Not in her right mind?" I heard the man ask in a hushed tone.

"It's sad really, doesn't even talk" she sighed and went on her way. Satisfied that they would stay away.

To my surprise (which is unusual, I'm not usually shocked) I heard heavy footsteps make their way toward me.

"Mate" one of the voices said. The footsteps stopped. The soft voice spoke again "it wouldn't hurt"  He made his way over to me.

"Hi, I'm Ed Sheeran."