1. Coming Home

My boots heavy as I took my last steps to the front door, my bookbag fell on the porch as I let out a relieved sigh. I could hear Jax whimpering and barking on the other end of the door picking up my scent. I noticed the mail was full and the blinds were shut. "Something isn't right about this, Jada always checks the mail and closes the blinds after nine o'clock." I tried opening the door but the locks were changed. I stepped off the porch to investigate the perimeter and found the tools used to change the locks. Jax started barking as if he was screaming while he clawed at the door. My heart was racing and I started sweating through my uniform. "Yeah, something is definitely wrong here." I used the screwdriver to break the lock to get a full advantage to ram the door in. As I took a couple of steps back preparing my shoulder to ram the door I heard the bottom lock and the knob turn. "Dude you could have called before breaking the door." Jada said in a frustrated tone. I told her I wouldn't have broken the door if you would have kept your daily routines going. She looked at me with those dark abyss eyes," someone tried to break in while you were trying to please your president." I squinted my eyes at her," you know he's your president too right?" She snatched my bag off the porch and pointed towards the door signaling me to come inside. She told me ever since we became roommates she'd never think I'd be the military type but I tend to surprise people a lot with the way I think. She pulled up her laptop and turned it towards me showing how much money she wired to herself. "I cant believe you're still doing this after you promised your mom that you'd stop.'' I said in a joking way. She turns around and laughs," yeah okay, and i can't believe you got yourself in the military just to solve a stupid conspiracy theory." She was right though, I strongly believed that diseases were used to control the human population and I still stand on this belief until I'm proven wrong. "Oh shut the fuck up!" I jokingly yelled to her," you know that shit is real." Her expression slowly dropped as if she saw Satan himself. "Come on, I was just joking, you know I wouldn't yell at you like that." trying to give her reassurance. " She stood up and started walking towards me slowly as her face went pale. "Are you okay?" I asked in a worrying tone. She softly moves me out the way, walking towards the half opened window blinds. Tears start rolling down her face as she covers her mouth with one hand and tries to hold herself up with the other. I walked to the other window to see what she was looking at that had her in tears.