Taken

The house was surrounded with FBI vehicles and officers walking to the door. They had unforgiving looks on their faces with rifles loaded and pointed at the house. "All occupants come out the front door with your hands up!" The lieutenant behind the officers standing with his hands behind his back. His voice bellowed towards us again, "you have ten seconds before we kick the door in, this is your last chance!" I threw on my uniform jacket, hoping my military uniform would make a difference. Jada's breathing sped up as if she was having a panic attack. Her voice shaking barely getting her words out," I...Shou...Should've kept my...Pr...Promise." Thinking quickly, I rushed over to grab her and made her stand behind the door and told her not to make a sound. I opened the door and there stood the officers, faces completely covered with a mask and helmet visors with dark tint. The lieutenant revealed himself from behind the officers standing in front, "we have confirmed intel that Jada Cambell resides here, do you live here?" I nodded my head and told him I just came home from deployment. His hands still behind his back as he slightly tilted his head up," it was a yes or no question, anything besides that is unnecessary, where is Jada?" I took one step closer to him, "She's not here at the moment hence why I'm the only one you're talking to." He removed his shades, his eyes closed with his head down in frustration, "I find that very unlikely considering we've already picked up her most recent money wiring at this exact location, So one more chance soldier, where is she?" I took a hard swallow before speaking, trying to gather a thought together, "She left to-'' Before I could finish one of the officers forced the butt of his gun to my stomach. The lieutenant walked past me into the house along with five other officers. "I gave you a chance to turn her over and you threw it in the dirt, I thought you soldiers had integrity." I couldn't stand or speak to warn Jada to run. I felt hopeless knowing she's terrified and I can't do anything to help. I used the door to stand myself up and peep my head around the corner to tell her to get out while they were searching. She was already gone but no one confirmed they found her. Still staggering, I managed to find the lieutenant ripping her bedroom apart. "I told you she's not here!" He turned around, staring me down as I held my stomach hunched over. "On m-." Right before he was about to call them to evacuate one of the officers yelled, "I have contact!" He brought Jada from around the corner with her hands behind her back, he had one hand holding her arm the other gripping her hair. The officers escorted her out the door to one of the trucks. As the lieutenant walked past me shaking his head I gathered the strength to try and talk," what do you want with her!?" He turned around to get one final look at my face before putting his shades on. "That's classified, what I can tell you is next time be honest, things could go a lot smoother." He started out the door and got in the same truck as Jada. I ran outside with all the strength I had and all I could see was Jada's face before the window was rolled up as they drove off. Stomach and legs weak, I fell to the ground and closed my eyes.