Chapter 3

"But we memorized the song with a C chord. Did we misread it?" said Nigel flipping the pages of his sheet music.

Edward grabbed Frank's hand and dragged him away.

They approached Mr DeFranko.

"I believe you owe us both twenty-five dollars" said Edward.

"Twenty-five dollars?!" said Mr DeFranko.

"Your money-back guarantee" said Edward.

Mr DeFranko reluctantly gave the two men twenty-five dollars each and they left the hotel.

"Mr DeFranko, I don't know how I could have mistaken a C Major for a G Minor" said Nigel.

"Yeah, well, twenty-five bucks has come out of your paychecks. Both of you. Now get back to work! You got songs to sing!" said Mr DeFranko.

"Nigel? Are you alright?" said Patrick. 

"I suppose. Okay. I am not gonna blow it this time" said Nigel.

He tried to practice another song, but he messed up another chord.

"Let's see. A minor, then F, then D, then... C? No. That's not right!" he said.

So he tried again.

"A minor, D, then F... E flat then the C? No! D minor, A major? Oh, where's the G come in?! C, F... wait!" said Nigel.

Now he was starting to panic. 

"Nigel, maybe we should take a little break. Because Preston has clearly broken you" said Patrick. 

Nigel buried his face in his hands and groaned in frustration. Patrick rushed over and rubbed his buddy's shoulders for comfort.

Mr DeFranko noticed and strutted to the stage.

"What's happening now?" he said.

"Mr DeFranko, I am so confused. I can't remember how to do anything" said Nigel.

"It's true, sir. He can't even read our sheet music anymore. It's starting to worry me" said Patrick.

"Why don't you guys take the rest of the day off?" said Mr DeFranko.

"Oh no, Mr DeFranko. Who will entertain your guests?" said Nigel.

"Don't worry about that. I still got my old string quartet. It's the kind of music this hotel was built for anyway" said Mr DeFranko.

"Despite that rather gratuitous slam... he's right, Nigel. You need to get your head straight" said Patrick. 

Nigel nodded his head then let Patrick take him downstairs.

As he walked, Nigel tried to get the song right in his head. 

But then he walked in front of the wall and didn't see the front door.

"The door! Patrick, the front door is missing!" said Nigel.

"No it's not, mate. You just missed it" chuckled Patrick opening the door (which was right next to where Nigel was standing).

"Oh. I'm sorry, Patrick. This whole thing has gotten my head all messed up" said Nigel.