Chapter 6

Patrick went upstairs and knocked on Nigel's door.

"It's open!" said Nigel's voice from behind.

Patrick entered and saw that the whole apartment was a dump. 

Toast and eggs were hammered to the wall, clothes were hung on the TV antennas and the curtains were torn.

"Nigel?" said Patrick with fright.

Nigel showed up from under a bunch of newspapers on the couch.

"Oh, hello, Patrick. How are you?" he said awkwardly.

"Nigel, your apartment is a mess. You scared Mr Barnhill half to death. What did you do?" said Patrick.

"It's only because I can't do anything right since yesterday's incident. Oh, Patrick, I don't think I'm ready to go back to the hotel" said Nigel near tears.

"But Mr DeFranko wants both of us" said Patrick.

"Just tell him I can't"

"I tried; he didn't care. Par for the course" 

"Then that's it for us" 

"Oh, Nigel, of course it's not. The way I see it, the old man has confidence in us. Together that is" said Patrick.

"I'm glad you see it that way, old boy, but I wish I could" said Nigel.

Patrick gave his old mate a hug then decided to do something about this.

"All we need to do is get your confidence back so we can get back to the way we were" he said.

"How do I do that?" said Nigel.

"It's like riding a bike. You never forget. I'm gonna help you" said Patrick.

"But how?" said Nigel.

"If you memorize the song we played yesterday again, your life will be back in order" said Patrick.

"Patrick, I dunno if I can" said Nigel.

"Take your time" said Patrick reassuringly.