.𝟬𝟮𝟲

𝗠𝘆 𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗲

𝗠𝘆 𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗲

↢ ❦ ↣

swish. The soft sounds of disturbed water and droplets falling from the tip of your fingers meet your ears as your hand rises above. It goes back under, cupping a palm of water this time before letting it pour back into the filled tub – to you looking like a miniature waterfall.

You're sitting in the bathtub with what was once hot water, now runs warm, closer to cold. Your legs are pulled right up against your chest, left hand resting over your knees which holds your chin. Your right hand is the one disturbing the water, having a mind of its own since yours is blank and empty.

Your hair fell over in front of your shoulders, leaving the top of your bare back exposed to the cold air. But not a single thought or nerve is bothered by it, for they're all being sucked in by a blackhole that doesn't give them back. It feels like you're being drowned in something, and it wasn't the water. It felt like hands were lingering around parts of your body, trailing the skin, and even feeling some pressure. It's probably the one thing you can faintly acknowledge, but you were still dissociated from the rest.

swish. Your hand lowers back into the water and stays there, wrapping around your legs to pull them even closer to your chest. Your other hand drops with it, wrapping over the opposite as your chin rests on your knees.

knock, knock, knock. Slowly, you come back to your senses that take their time easing into your mind. You blink once, realizing you've been staring at the tubs faucet. You blink again, turning your head to look at the door from afar.

"[name]?"

Gently, you lay the side of your head on your knees as you remain keeping your legs glued to your upper body. knock, knock. "Come in" with the two new knocks and your mind refreshing you of the moment, you finally answered.

The knob twist, you could hear its every little detail as it rotated. Then, the door opens slowly, and in walks him. "You have some boxes of old clothes still here, but they're cluttered away" Inupi informs, walking straight towards the bathroom counter without sparing you a glance. "I figured you could wear something of mine" he places the clothing on the counter.

For a moment his words just walk around your head, eventually sinking in so you could form a response. At first you hum, arms adjusting to get their original grip back. "How generous of you" despite wanting to sound genuine, you couldn't help but add a little playful sarcasm.

He gave a brief chuckle, removing one hand from the counter and placing a foot in the doors direction, his back facing you. "I would've set them outside, but you've been in here for a while, and too quiet..." he explains.

"Sorry" you're quick to apologize, unwrapping your arms from your legs and turning your upper body towards the side of the tub. You now cross your arms over the rim and rest your head on them, examining from afar how the tips of his hair still seem to be wet. "You got worried I drowned or something?" you cock an eyebrow.