Chapter 19

Alexander started walking backwards and fell into the long grass. I was confused, what was he doing?

I then heard him growl and stand up. He then started running towards us. Johnny picked me up and ran.

I started crying.

"Shhh...", Johnny whispered.

His whisper calmed me down and I felt my body relax in his arms while he ran through the dark forest.

"Johnny...", I said.

"Yes?", he asked.

"What's going on?", I asked looking into his dark eyes.

"Do not worry...", was all he said before helping me back to my feet.

"Stand behind that tree...", he said pointing towards a big old tree.

I nodded and ran behind the tree and heard Alexander yelling random things at Johnny. He then suddenly said something that disturbed me...

"You broke her... She hates you, you broke her! She was calm and peaceful and happy! You broke her! You're a monster!", he yelled at Johnny.

Johnny's expression went from unreadable to sad. Alexander continued...

"Eleanor if you can hear me... I tried to protect you... I tried to turn you back to the girl you use to be... I tried... I really did...", he said before walking away.

"I... I love you Eleanor!", he yelled before running away.

I stood up and attempted to run after Alexander. Johnny grabbed my arms gently and didn't let go.

"Let me go! Alexander! Alexander! Johnny let me go!", I yelled.

I watched as Alexander walked towards a girl my age... A very familiar one... Kelly!

"Kelly! Kelly help me!", I yelled as Johnny gently grabbed my waist and pulled me backwards.

All Kelly did was come up to Alexander and rub his back as Alexander hugged her.

I started crying harder than ever.

"Alexander!!!", I screamed.

Johnny turned me around and hugged me. I pushed him and ran towards Alexander. Johnny ran after me and I didn't get far as he grabbed me and pulled me gently back to him. There was no distance between us.

He then looked into my eyes, then my lips, and slowly pushed his lips onto mine...

I quickly pulled away and looked at him with a blank expression.

I then sat down under a tree and felt a tear roll down my cheek. Johnny also sat and stared at me with a sad expression.

I turned my head and stared at him.

"You do care...", I whispered.

"You are too special... Too precious...", he whispered.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He closed his eyes...