New Beginnings

The Year: 2019

[New City: Salem, Illinois, at 05:46 A.M.]

[New location: Kebo's penthouse apartment]

Kebo and Ichiban's Perspectives:

In the vibrant city of Salem, 2019, a fresh day begins as the sun rises, casting a warm glow over the horizon.

I wake up, kick-start my morning routine, and head to the kitchen to whip up a rich cup of hot cocoa.

As I gaze out the window, a smile spreads across my face. "Good morning, world! I'm excited to see what today brings. I hope it's a smooth week, free of hiccups."

The morning feels serene, bathed in the soft, golden light of the sun.

Just then, my new roommate, Ichiban Kasuga, wakes up abruptly.

His messy dark brown afro is a tangled mess as he shuffles to the kitchen, searching for breakfast.

The aroma of hot chocolate wafts through the dining room, and I'm surprised to find that Ichiban is my first-ever roommate.

We met through his friends at the Survive Bar, who thought we'd get along. 

Now, as he emerges from his room, he lets out a massive yawn, stretches, and gets ready to tackle our first day of living together.

A beaming smile takes over his face as he declares, "Time to kick-start our first year together!"

Despite being an ex-yakuza who spent 18 years in prison for a wrongful conviction, Ichiban has a kind heart, a strong sense of loyalty, and proudly wears the title 'Hero of Yokohama'.

He's determined to make the most of this fresh start and is grateful for the chance to rebuild his life.

Ichiban is a humble, easy-going, humorous, and optimistic man who loves the simple things in life and is fiercely loyal to others in times of need.

He's also a huge fan of Dragon Quest, his childhood favorite.

As we embark on this new journey together, I'm grateful to have Ichiban by my side and excited to see what the future holds for us.

He sat down next to me at the table, beaming with a big smile, and greeted me with a cheerful, "Good morning!"

As we shared a delicious breakfast in the cozy dining room, his hearty appetite matched his enthusiasm.

I returned his smile and replied, "Good morning, Ichiban! Are you stoked about our first day living together as roommates?"

Ichiban let out a hearty laugh, filling the room with his infectious energy, "Hell yeah, I am! Let's crush it!"

"Good, good," I said, forcing a smile, "But, dude, what's with the shirtless vibe?" His bare chest took me aback, and I was tempted to lecture him about dressing appropriately.

"What's wrong?" Ichiban looked at me with a confused expression when he noticed my reaction.

"Dude, come on! You can't just walk in here shirtless, it's not exactly what I want to see first thing in the morning. What were you thinking, man?" I challenged him on his bold fashion choice.

Ichiban shrugged nonchalantly. "I just wanted to feel the breeze on my skin, dude. No big deal."

"Look, man, I can't have you walking into my apartment with no shirt on. It's just not cool, you know? Maybe you can find some other spot to do that, okay?" I scolded Ichiban, feeling a mix of disgust and embarrassment as I looked at him without a shirt.