Against All Odds

Natasha: WHY WOULD YOU SIT THERE PLAYING WITH MY SISTER'S EMOTIONS, KNOWING THAT SHE'S GOING TO RAISE HER CHILDREN BY HERSELF WITH YOU?!

Aaron: I never meant to hurt anyone...

Natasha: Well, you just did.

Kebo: This is what happened in the last chapter on "Brothas..."

Aaron: Back in the day, I was on my college campus... I was furious with your sister as soon as I witnessed her fooling around with some unknown guy, whom I had no clue about, and she completely deceived me.... I knew it would hurt you or my friends, but, I couldn't let that happened

Kebo: I genuinely feel awful for what he went through...

Ichi: I know, especially he had to deal with his ex's drama and all

Natasha: You need to find a good man that's gonna hold you down and hold you accountable unless you two need to be in this platonic relationship

Leslie: I know...

Priscilla: Hey...

Mike: Hey there. What brings you here?

Priscilla: I wanted to see where you work.

Mike: Wait, aren't you the girl who was mixing drinks for us the other night?

Priscilla: That's me. Is there a problem?

Mike: I'd like to take you out on a date, just the two of us... You won't believe what happened to me today.

Ichiban: What happened?

Mike: I've got a date!

Me and Ichiban: Wow, he's smitten! He's smitten!

Aaron: Aren't we capable of finding love and continually growing throughout our lives?

Ichiban: Absolutely, man. The sooner we age, the sooner we can grasp it, and more.

Female voicemail operator: You have one new message...

Saeko: Hey, Ichiban, it's me, Saeko. I've been meaning to tell you that I'm in town for a couple of days to come visit you and maybe we could catch up old times like go to the restaurant or catch a movie or anything. Just call me back if you change your mind

Ichiban: Sa-chan?

Kebo: Hey, man, what's up? Is everything alright?

Ichiban: I hate to ask, but I really need your help right now.

(Continue the story)

[2:35 P.M. Salem, Illinois]

[Location: Kebo's Penthouse Apartment]

Ichiban and Kebo's perspectives:
After our intense workout, where Ichiban and I dedicated ourselves to perfecting our punches and mastering different Essence techniques, he received a phone call. It turned out to be a voicemail from a young woman named Saeko Mukoda, who Ichiban affectionately calls Sa-Chan. She expressed her desire to meet up with him while she was in town for a few days. Uncertain about what to do, Ichiban turned to me for advice on whether he should take this opportunity to reconnect with her and reminisce about the past in Salem. This situation left me contemplating the worries that have been troubling Ichiban ever since he listened to that voicemail.

"What's the matter, Ichi? Come on, man, talk to me" I inquired about what was happening as he began to act erratically, and he sought my assistance immediately after becoming very anxious upon receiving that phone call.

"I received a voicemail notification about a new message, and to my surprise, it was from Sa-Chan. She called me and said she's coming to Salem to visit me for a few days. I can't believe it's actually her!" Ichiban announced that Saeko will be visiting him to spend the day catching up.