Prologue

POV: Brooklyn Summer #3I am trying to find myself

POV: Brooklyn
Summer #3
I am trying to find myself. Sometimes that's not easy." – Marilyn Monroe

Life is only a flash of moments. In our last breaths we are reminded who we are, who we've become through a flash of memories that shaped us. We live through those moments continuously. The moments of regret, happiness, sadness, and it's all we have ever known, these feelings and moments that engulf us, shield us from the truth, because life is not about those  cycle of feelings. Its about discovering new ones. The type of feelings that shakes your core, the ones that make you question who you really are.

These were feelings I've chased, the ones I tried to find on a map or spot on a globe, and it led me to a place I would have never expect, a country across the sea.

Italy. 

That's when I realized that the feelings, I've been chasing has been waiting for me all along under a big oak tree, in the green eyes of the boy who would chase me around the field, not to catch me, but to make me smile. It was in the way he would make cry from laughing after seeing of crying from my misfortunes. It was in the way he said my name, how he called me his little star.

Only years I understood those feelings and even now I can't explain how it engulfs me, how it burns me in a so comforting way that pray for more, but when I closed my eyes those nights so long ago and thought of those strange feelings, I could only come up with one word.

Love.