Hidden Truths

POV: Brooklyn "Everything beautiful fades into darkness

POV: Brooklyn
"Everything beautiful fades into darkness." – Christy Ann Martine

Summer #3

756 Appian Way.

I've followed the stars.

I've followed the stars, and I'm here at your house, Val.

Drunk.

Confused.

Broken.

We have changed living in our worlds, while the stars remained the same, tying us back to each other like it was fate.

I feel like I could live a million lifetimes and still be here, standing at Valentino's front door. When we fight fate, fate fights back, dragging us back to "what's meant to be," but I want to choose.

Choose if I want to stay or leave, if I want to laugh or cry, if I want to relish the journey or hate it.

This is my life, and I refuse to let my cards be dealt by a different hand, whether it's good or bad.

So, I decide to fight back and do what I would never do in a million years.

I knock on Valentino's door.

Hard.

Shaking to the bone, I sit there and wait for him to answer.

After a couple of seconds pass, I knock a couple of times again and wait.

Standing in the dark, I wait until I collapse on the front porch from exhaustion.
🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮

I must be laying on a cloud.

Wrapped in warmth and softness, I hum to myself and cuddle more into the heavy sheets, enjoying the peace I haven't felt in a long time.

WAIT!

I immediately open my eyes and quickly sit up on the large bed I was just lying on, instantly regretting it when it feels as if there are Cyclops having a feast in my head, munching on my dead brain cells.

Thankfully, there was a glass of water and Tylenol on the bedside table, which I gladly took.

I slowly peeled the white sheets off my body, realizing that I wasn't in the clothes I left my house in. I was wearing someone's hoodie that reached all the way down to my bruised knees.

It must be morning, judging by the way the sunlight crept into the room from the long windows framed by lacy white curtains.

Where am I?

I stumble to the door and turn the knob, but it wouldn't budge, even when I used the last of my strength by trying to pull with my body weight. I eventually start banging on the door, demanding whoever the hell is keeping me here show themselves like every dumb girl in a thriller movie.