A Fate Far Worse Than Death

As darkness enveloped me, I felt a strange sensation, as if I was being transported to another world. Suddenly, I found myself standing in a pure white void with no visible horizon. It was a strange and unsettling place, unlike anything I had ever experienced before.

Then, out of nowhere, Dahlia appeared before me, wearing a sinister grin that sent shivers down my spine.

"I warned you that your fate would be worse than death," she taunted, her voice dripping with malice.

"Welcome to your own personal hell, where you'll be trapped with your own regrets and memories for all eternity." With that she disappeared from my view.

As I proccessed her words, the thought of being trapped in this place forever filled me with terror and anger.

My anger began to boil, threatening to consume me. I wanted to lash out at her, to make her pay for her sadistic games. But I knew that escape was impossible for the time being, and that I was nothing more than a pawn in her twisted game.

Still, I refused to give up hope. Deep down, I knew that I would find a way to break free from this hell and make Dahlia pay for what she had done to me.

Until then, I would bide my time, waiting for the right opportunity to strike. I would never give up the fight for my freedom.

Freya's POV

As Cassius took the blame for me, my entire body shook with uncontrollable trembles while tears streamed down my face. I longed to scream at him to stop, but I knew it was futile. Dahlia's power was too great. Regret swirled in my gut; if I hadn't dragged Cassius into this mess, if I hadn't acted out of anger toward Dahlia, none of this would have happened.

As reality set in, my tears fell like a deluge from the sky.

Then came the words.

"Cerebrum extergimus," and everything changed. Cassius' eyes dulled, and a neutral and stoic expression washed over his features, turning him into someone unrecognizable.

With my hand covering my mouth in shock, I stuttered.

"W-what have you done to him?"

"I fixed him," Dahlia replied, her lips full and her teeth gleaming like pearls.

"Now he'll do whatever I say."

Hearing her words, my heart clenched with pain, and I collapsed onto the ground, muttering,

"This is all my fault."

If only I hadn't tried to escape, if only I hadn't acted impulsively, someone wouldn't have to suffer for my mistakes.

MC's POV

[Time skip: 3 centuries later, 1801]

At first, the prison seemed like a utopia, a place where I could revel in any memory and wield godlike power. But the longer I remained, the more I realized the world of absolute silence was far worse than the "Nightmare" spell. My body never tired, hunger never gnawed at me, and the landscape remained static no matter how much I tried to manipulate it. I longed for the sensation of food in my mouth, the feel of wind on my skin, and the rush of adrenaline from facing danger.

With only my memories for company, I relived them again and again until they became nothing more than a hazy blur. Slowly, my sanity began to crumble as I forgot even the most basic details of my existence.

Who was I?

What was my purpose?

Have I ever loved someone?