Who Are You?

Content Advisory: Be warned that there is some mention of suicide in this chapter. You have been warned.

Rebekah's POV

"Ah, Rebekah, I had a feeling you would be with him," came a familiar voice, causing me to turn sharply. There he was, my treacherous, backstabbing brother, standing before me. A turbulent torrent of emotions—anger, betrayal, and a searing sense of hurt—engulfed my thoughts. I let out a primal vampire snarl, my gaze fixed on him.

Upon seeing him, my heart pounded with a mixture of rage and hurt, but I restrained myself from acting on impulse. Still, I couldn't deny the urge that surged within me.

"You, narcissistic, conniving, backstabbing wanker!" I hissed with a venom-tinged voice, dripping with both wounded betrayal and a hint of bitterness. My fingers closed around a wooden pool cue resting nearby, and with a surge of superhuman strength, I snapped it in two with a sharp sound cutting through the charged air.

Rushing towards him, driven by an unsettling cocktail of emotions, I thrust the jagged end of the makeshift stake towards his abdomen. A trickle of crimson stained his clothes as a pained hiss filled the air, but I wasn't done yet.

Ignoring his protests, I moved swiftly, forcing the other half of the wooden weapon into his hand, preventing him from removing the shard piercing his gut. A groan of agony escaped him, and though a twisted satisfaction blossomed within me, it couldn't soothe the storm of emotions that raged inside. I whispered coldly into his ear, "This is for our mother," as a mix of grief and anger simmered beneath my controlled exterior. I twisted the shard slightly, relishing the fleeting relief from the anger in me.

He managed to ask through clenched teeth, pain etching lines on his face, "How did you find out?" Before I could retort, a sensation akin to being plucked from the ground enveloped me, invisible chains immobilising my form as gravity's embrace lost its hold.

"Don't mind us, Klaus. We were just leaving. Continue your conversation with the doppelgänger," Cassius' voice sliced through, his wooden stick pointing toward me, emanating a faint purplish glow that danced across its surface.

My brows furrowed, a blend of confusion and frustration marrying my features.

What the bloody hell is that? How can he do magic? What else is he not telling me?

The questions raced through my mind, but there was little time to dwell. Anger and betrayal still coursed through me, directed not just at Klaus, but at Cassius too.

How can he, of all people, take his side?

"Release me right this instant, Cassius Nightshade!" I demanded, struggling fruitlessly against his telekinetic hold.

"Come along, my dear," Cassius' calm voice reached my ears, and with a wave of his wand, he whisked me away from the scene.

...

MC's POV

As I cut off my supply of magic, the telekinetic spell over her dissipated, causing her to drop unceremoniously to the ground, landing right on her ass.

Grimacing, I quickly apologised, my tone slightly exasperated. "Sorry, still working on perfecting the landing part."

"What the hell was that? Since when did you become a witch?" She dusted herself off, a mix of anger and curiosity in her eyes.

"Doesn't matter." I shrugged nonchalantly, attempting to regain my usual composure, but she interrupted me, frustration clear in her voice.

"Doesn't matter? You just yanked me away with your magic just as I was about to finally get back at Nik for what he did to my mother. At the very least, you owe me an explanation."