Back From The Dead

3rd person POV

After Mikael sets out on his life mission to chase after his bastard son, peace once again dawns over the peaceful lands of the village that will one day be called Mystic Falls. However this peace did not last long. About fifty years after the Original family abandoned Mystic Falls, a supernatural phenomenon emerged. Crops start dying one after another before they can be harvested. Trees and flowers wither away before they can fully mature. Villagers who live there all die before the age of thirty. And after that people started avoiding Mystic Falls and called it a 'cursed land'.

[Timeskip: 200+ years later, 13th Century, 1239]

After years of silence in the 'cursed land', a bright, neon green light starts sipping out of the grounds of the 'cursed land'. Slowly, the light became brighter and brighter and the remaining life forms left there all dried up like mummified corpses. All of the green particles shot forward from their bodies and towards the source of the light. Fully charged with life force energy the pendant that rested on the neck of a skeleton buried underneath the ground, shattered into pieces. Upon shattering into pieces, green particles engulfed the whole skeleton. Within seconds, flesh started to cover the skeleton as a human figure started to form. Hair started to grow first, followed by his features and finally his whole complexion returned to normal, indicating that blood had started to flow.

 Hair started to grow first, followed by his features and finally his whole complexion returned to normal, indicating that blood had started to flow

MC's POV

Gasp!

An electric current-like sensation suddenly surged through my dead body, snapping my dead eyes open.

As I suddenly sat up straight, I found myself drenched head to toe in dirt.

"Ow...What the hell happened?" I muttered, massaging the migraine of a headache.

What is the last thing I remember? The last thing I remember was...Mikael!

And then it dawned on me.

Holy shit! I am dead! Mikael killed me. Am I in Hell?

However, before I could have time to process my death, a brilliant red light shot out of my now shattered pendant, illuminating the area around him.

"Hey, if you're getting this message. Congratulations, you're dead. However, thanks to me, this pendant would have revived you. The pendant revives you by absorbing the life force from its surroundings. So, by the time you're resurrected, probably a few centuries have passed and the environment around you will probably be destroyed." A familiar voice started speaking in my mind.

Centuries? My body froze, and my mind became blank.

"Now, I know it's a lot to take in but I need your body to absorb lots of Mana in the air so that when you come back to the land of the living you can utilise the spells I am about to impart to you at the end of this recording." He paused for a moment before continuing, probably since he also remembered he was also shocked when he first learnt that centuries had passed since he died.