Chapter 08

3rd person pov

Akira and Basara then looked over at Mio and Basara walked over to her, but suddenly, a demon appeared behind and stabbed him, shocking everyone.

Everyone: BASARA!!!!

When Basara fell to the ground, Mio's eyes widened completely in utter shock. Suddenly red aura started to flare up around her which then exploded.

Mio: No...No!!

Everyone was sent flying back and Akira saw yuki heading straight for a tree, he grabbed her and shielded her with his body. Akira and Basara then looked up and saw Mio hovering in the air while everyone was unconscious.

Akira: What's the hell is going on...?

Basara: What is this?

Akira then place Yuki with the other and stood up with Basara and they saw Mio hovering in the air.

Basara: Mio?!

Akira: is this the Demon lord Wilbert power?

Mio: B-Basara! Akira!

Basara: Calm down. See? I'm fine.

Akira: It's over now.

Mio: No!

Akira: What?

Mio: I can't! Holding this power back is all I can do and I can't get it to subside!

Akira:*thoughts* A gravity wave. If this keeps up, it will become even more dangerous...Unfortunately neither Ryugetsu or Amaterasu have the ability to stop Mio power...but maybe Basara can.

Mio: Please Basara, Akira...I can't keep this power back any longer, so...

Basara: Wait! Don't give up!

Mio: There's no time! Please, before I end up destroying the world! Kill me!

Akira/Basara: We refuse!

Mio looked at them completely shocked.

Mio: B-Baka! It should be clear what you need to protect!

Basara: We're not heroes anymore. But we are your family!

Akira: And it our jobs to protect you, even if that means turning the world against us!

Basara: We're bringing you home!

Mio: Huh?

Akira We're definitely bringing you home. We're all going home together!

Basara: Now shut up and let us protect you!

Mio looked at them and nodded.

Mio: Yes...Yes...Please save me, Basara, Akira!

Basara then drew his sword and looked at Akira.

Basara: It's best if you were to stand back Akira.

Akira then saw what Basara was going to do as green aura started surrounding him, as he got into his stance.

Akira:*thoughts* Banishing shift, the power Basara inherited from Jin.

Basara then used Banishing shift and negated Mio's gravity magic and was able to save her.

Akira:*smiles* Time to go home.

Mio then smiled at the two of them.

Mio: Right...

Timeskip

It's the next day of school and both Akira and Basara headed up to the rooftop and they saw Yahiro standing up there. He turned around and noticed them.