Ch 12

When Luigi finally came to, he saw that Mario was holding him close.

"Malleo?" Luigi asked.

"W - Weegie?" Mario hiccuped.

Hermie stated, "Oh I'm sorrt mt friend! I didt meat to. I j - jut got so upst."

Luigi reassured Hermie, "Hey, don't worry. I'm okay." He whispered, "It's not the first time I've been stomped on."

Mario didn't hear what Luigi said. But Hermie did. He gave Luigi such a sorrow face. Luigi waved it off, trying not to upset Hermie further.

Connie pleaded, "Please excuse Hermie... He's a little...kooky."

Jeremy apologized, "Sorry about that, Mario. Guess we were in the wrong..."

Maya added, "Anyhoo, I'm sure you must have had some reason for coming here..."

Mario told them, "Well, we did. We are here for the Beanstar piece."

As Mario pointed to the piece in question, Hermie looked at the brothers.

Luigi added, "Yes, we need the pieces to give them to Bowletta so she'll give us Peach back."

Hermie commented, "Ith that tho? Then I thuppose I no choithe..." With that, he gave the piece to Luigi. He added, "And after decorating thingth tho well, too..."

Connie stated, "But we tried so hard..."

Maya came over to the brothers, "What? Are you leaving already? I don't see why you can't stay and relax, personally."

Jeremy scolded, "Superstar Mario is a busy person, I'm sure. If you are going back, this way may be a shortcut."

Mario said, "Thanks. Let's a-go."

Luigi waved goodbye to Hermie, "Bye Hermie!"

Hermie smiled at the man in green as they headed out once more.

...

The brothers went into Chuckola Woods. They knew that there was another piece of the Beanstar around here somewhere. They got pass Winkles and went deeper into the woods. When they found the second piece of the Beanstar, they also found Popple.

"Popple?!" They both blurted out.

Popple was trying to use a stick to get the piece out of the tree. "Oh! What's this?! Boo, I say! Y - you guys again?!"

Mario huffed, "You aren't getting that piece Popple!"

Luigi asked, "Although how do you feel about Cackletta taking your Rookie?"

Popple ignored that, "But I found this treasure first! It's mine, see?"

As he started to run, the red clad plumber got in front of Popple, cutting him off. Popple started to run the other way but Luigi blocked off.

Mario commented, "Not going anywhere."

Luigi stated, "Agreed on that one."

Popple was furious, "Oh, sure, you guys are real tough, teaming up on me! Don't think you can beat me just 'cause I'm alone. It's my solo debut on the battle lines, see?"

With that, the thief attacked them. Mario protected Luigi this time, though. But the Manfredi brothers quickly defeated him. They picked up the second piece of the Beanstar.

Mario was happy, "Got it."

Luigi replied, "Thank goodness."

Popple commented, "N - no! B - but I'm not giving up, see?"