Chapter 5

"Everything alright?"

The brunette said while rolling her sleeves down because it was cold, but Clarkle got a glimpse of her tattoos and studied them for a brief second.

"Great babe, Griffin is entertaining us by smoking her first cigarette and this guy here is about to hit on Luna but he doesn't know it yet.".

Murphy said with a smile while squeezing the boy's chin.

"Seriously I feel sorry for you if you're about to take love advice by my boyfriend."

Lexa was now standing next to them and shared a cigarette with Murphy, it looked like she needed it.

"Busy night?" The blonde asked.

"Totally. But I love having the gang around, it feels less boring for once."

"Are you on your break or something?" Jordan asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah, I've got ten."

"Another question, do you get free alcohol by working here??"

"Jeez, this guy. I'm not supposed to but sometimes the costumers treat us to shots and stuff. So yeah it's basically free when you put it that way."

"I want your job now!"

Everyone laughed at the boy's comment and Murphy snaked the back of his head.

"Anyway, we really need to get you have your first kiss tonight. Let's get to work."

"Good luck!" Clarkle giggled as the boys walked off and now she was left with Lexa who was still smoking quietly.

"I hope he's not giving you any shit.."

The brunette said quietly, it was dark but her eyes somehow found Clarkle's. Even in the moonlight she could tell Clarkle had beautiful blue eyes.

"Murphy? Don't worry I can handle him."

"Good."

"He's mad at you though.."

"Clarkle if I had a penny every time John was mad at me, I'd be rich by now."

The blonde smiled slightly and looked on the ground to avoid Lexa's intimidating stare. She wasn't the type to hold eye contact for long, but the brunette was almost like she was doing it on purpose.

"Okay, you know what? I think you have some unresolved issues that you two need to talk about."

"Like what?" Lexa knocked the ashes off her cigarette straight on the ground.

"How about you hear straight from him?"

"Clarkle, you don't want to test me right now."

The blonde looked up again, Lexa's tone was serious this time and she didn't want to upset her any further.