Chapter 6

Clarkle returned home at a reasonable time as promised, only being fifteen minutes late which didn't bother her mother all that much.

"Griffin, come here for a sec." Her mother called out from the living room to check up on her.

Clarkle tried her best to walk reasonably straight, but her vision was a bit blurry and she smelled of alcohol.

"How was your night? Did any boys hit on you?"

"Ugh, always straight on the point mother. Yes, it was alright. One kinda did. Seems like a nice fella."

"Is he a gentleman?"

"Compared to the rest of them, yes."

"You know Fin came around this afternoon looking for you again.."

"Oh darn it, what did he want?"

"Maybe to invite you on a date? I don't know he just left because you weren't here. He seems lovely though.."

"Oh, yeah he is. I guess. Mom I'm really tired I will go to sleep now.." Clarkle said almost missing a step.

"Clarkle? Why do you smell like alcohol? You thought I wouldn't notice that you had to drink?"

"Alright, alright..it was only one..I promise mom.."

"Clarke Griffin! You are grounded! No more going out for this week!" Her mom raised her voice.

"Damn it.." Clarkle grumbled under her breath and turned around, walking to her bedroom.

"And no swearing in my house!"

"Yeah right."

Clarkle reached her bedroom and immediately plopped down on her bed, feeling slightly dizzy from the shots. Soon after she fell asleep.

---

The next morning the blonde was late getting up and found herself struggling to even get dressed. Maybe drinking on a school night wasn't that great of an idea after all. Her mom dropped her off and Clarkle walked up the stairs waving goodbye. She spotted Octavia right before getting in her class.

"Where did you disappear to yesterday, missy? I was waiting for you."

"Sorry I couldn't make it. I was hanging out with.."

"Lincoln?"

"Yeah! How was yesterday?"

"Seriously you're dumping your best friend to hang with your boyfriend. I don't know how to feel about this. Yesterday was..quite dramatic but fun at the same time."

"Ooh, I'm all ears! What happend?"

"Well, I've had my first cigarette. I had a cocktail and we did shots..and I'm grounded because my mom found out.." Clarkle laughed and Octavia widened her eyes.

"Holy smokes! Girl you're on fire. But I mean, that's what you get for hanging out with the bikers."

"Yeah, I see where you get it from now." Clarkle winked.

"And where's the drama in all that?"

"Oh..Murphy was all up my face yesterday. And he was jealous Lexa gave me a ride. Can you believe it?"

"Jealous? This boy got some big issues.."

Just then some walked past Clarkle shoving her shoulder once again and both girls turned around with Octavia shouting at him.

"Watch it, Murphy!"

The boy just scoffed and went in his class.

"I swear, if Lexa doesn't beat him up I will. What's his problem with you?"