Info.

Hey, welcome to my first book on this account, I used to write before last year but decided to abandon the account because it was pure cringe. This time I'm back and trying to improve on my writing, so please bare with me if the content is lackluster and/or if it takes me a while to update. On my previous account I had rushed through chapters because I noticed people were reading and enjoying it, but this time I want to genuinley focus on the actual content. Maybe this'll be the story that you only get notifications for occasionally, who knows?

The reader

Basic stuff about this is she/her pronouns, I'm avoiding using the term like "Y/N", just gives me getting kidnapped by One Direction memories. If anyone wants an alternative version to this story with different pronouns, message me or comment your preferred pronouns, I really want to prioritise inclusiveness. Adding onto that, clothing won't be specified as I want this to be a story where the reader gets to embrace their own culture and/or religion for once without being pushed into a set standard. So, let your imagination run free with that part.

The story

You don't need to know the plot of any of the Batman movies exactly, if you have a rough idea of Batman Begins you should be alright, as this story won't entirely align with that. If you wanna imagine another Batman with this, go ahead! I'll give a run-down of some parts mentioned in the first chapter, without giving too much away. P.S. Chapters are rather short so I don't write a lot of nonsense to fill the chapter up to a desirable word count :) Don't worry though, I'm not updating often so I'm sure there won't be a sudden bulk to get through.

•You work in a bookstore
•Bruce visits the bookstore to confirm you're the person who has connections to Arkham.
•Previous friend had visited Arkham Asylum a frequently and was tormented by The Scarecrow after realising what was truly going on there.

That's about it, I'm open to criticism on any aspect of the story so if you think it's shit feel free to comment so, we can make fun of my embarrassing plotlines/writing together 🤞