NEW MOON-2

(The scene changes to a dark room. The camera pans over students' faces. Mike, falling asleep. Eric, crying. Andromeda, shamelessly sleeping with her head down. Mr. Birdy, mouthing the words from the play)

"Okay that makes sense." Regulus mutters, catching Sirius' attention. "What does?" Regulus just side-eyes him, and Pandora answers instead. "Andy hates Romeo and Juliet. Says it paints a false narrative of what true love really is."

(Bella and Edward are whispering to each other in the back of the room)

'I hate being celebrated.'

'There are worse tragedies. I mean, look at Romeo. Killed his true love out of sheer stupidity.'

'Yeah.'

'Though I do envy him one thing.'

'Juliet is like, perfect. If you like that obviously beautiful sort of thing.'

'Not the girl, the suicide.'

"Hello?"

'It's nearly impossible for...some people. For humans, a little poison..a dagger to the heart. So many different options.'

'Why would you say that?'

'Because I considered it once.'

(He grabbed her hand. A faded scar from James is still visible.)

'I didn't know if I'd get to you in time. I had to come up with some kind of plan.'

'And what was that plan?'

'I would go to Italy and provoke the Volturi.'

"The what?"

'The what?'

'The Volturi.'

(Mr. Birdy interrupted Bella and Edward's hushed conversation, as well as tapping on Andromeda's head, waking her)

'No sleeping Ms. Black. Now, who would like to repeat the last few lines...just to show they were paying attention? Mr. Cullen?'

"Mr. Birdy does not like him at all."

'Oh, yes, Mr. Birdy. "O, here. Will I set up my everlasting rest, And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace! And lips, O you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss. A dateless bargain to engrossing death!".'

(Andromeda rolled her eyes, mock gagging to Mike. Mr. Birdy huffed, upset he couldn't call Edward out.)

Barty, Evan and Regulus laughed lightly at her display of hatred toward the play.

'Eyes on the screen people. Ms. Black, try to stay awake this time.'

'No promises.'

(The scene changes. Lights glow from inside a beautiful house)

'The Volturi are a very old, very powerful family. I guess, the closest thing to royalty my world has.'

(An 18th century oil painting depicting Grecian figures in swirling robes standing amongst pillars and balconies was shown. Four figures looked down upon the bacchanal, two black-haired, one snowy white, one golden-haired)

'Is that Carlisle?'

'Yeah. He lived with them for a few decades. Described them as very refined. No respect for human life, of course, but respect for the arts and science at least. And the law...above all the law.'