Chapter 1: Just a normal day.

I woke up. Like I did every morning. Got up. Opened the curtains. It was a normal day here in Storybrooke. Nothing new.
The sun shone brightly over the town. I could already see Granny's full of people.
I took a deep breath and sighed. My past, everything I had before I died inside. Everything that had happened. It was great.
My mother, and my father, both of whom I loved dearly.
"Mom." Henry says. I jump with shock.
"Oh, hey Henry. How long have you been standing there?" I ask him. Then I begin to approach him.
"Not long," he replies. "You alright?"
He's so sweet. He does care about me, it's just, sometimes I think I get too frustrated to realise.
"Yeah," I lie. Inside. I don't feel right. Nothing does. "Now how about we get some breakfast?" I say. I take his hand and walk with him downstairs.
I don't care. He may be 14, and adopted, but he'll always be my baby boy.
Before I realise, we reach the last step.
"Mom, are you sure you're alright?" He asks again.
"Yes," I tell him. He doesn't know.
No one does.
He can't.
No one can.
I take a deep breath and realise I'm his mother. I need to be here for him. So I begin to make breakfast for us.
"How about pancakes?" I ask him, taking out the pan and preparing a mixture.
"Sure." He replies.
"Sure as in yeah, or sure as in not really?" I tease him. I giggle slightly before continuing.
He comes towards me and jumps up onto the worktop. He looks at me.
"You okay Henry?" This time, I'm the one worried about him.
"Why wouldn't I be?" Is his reply.
"Henry..." I begin. I take the pan and flip the pancakes. "I'm your mother. Or well, one of your mothers. I raised you for 10 years. I know when something's up."
I take the pan and slide the pancakes into two plates; one for him and one for me. He walks towards the table and sits down. I stare into a space again. Thinking about my past.
"Mom." I hear Henry's voice.
"Yeah?" I quickly reply. He isn't sat at the table any more. Instead he is right in front of me, hand on my forehead.
"You feel hot." He tells me.
"Henry, I'm fine." I snap. Then I sigh. I pull him towards me and hug him. I run my hand through his soft hair and kiss his head. Then I grab the cinnamon from the cupboard and bring it to the table.
We eat together. It's nice. Just me and my son.
He offers to take the dishes, but I tell him not to. I tell him it's alright. I pick them both up and take them to the sink. I put them in and I run the water.
Then it happens again.
I just blank out.
Thinking once more.
That happy little girl...
Everything that happened to her.
The pain.
And then I see a bright white light clouding my eyes.
Nothing else.