Chapter 7: A date

I wake up the next morning from my dream at normal time, 7 o'clock. I walk downstairs to see Henry sat eating his cereal.
"Oh, hey mom. How are you?" He asks.
"I'm feeling a lot better now," I tell him.
"That's good."
"How are you? Did you sleep okay?"
"Yeah." He tells me. "Well, I better get going. I'm going to be late for school."
"Do you want me to drop you off?" I ask. 
"No mom, it's fine. I can get the bus."
"Okay." I say. He begins to walk towards the door when he suddenly stops.
"Oops, I left my bag upstairs." He tells me.
"Don't worry, I'll get it." I run upstairs to his room and grab his bag. But I quickly take out the book. I take his bag downstairs and give it to him.
"Thanks mom." He gives me a hug. "Make sure to rest. I'll come over tonight."
"Alright, I will." I assure him. He walks out, closing the door behind him. I turn around and go back upstairs, taking the book from Henry's room to mine. I flick through the pages.
Just once, I think. Can I not have happiness in this book just once? I think about that picture that said my happy ending was possible. Just wishing it was written like that. Maybe then things would be different. I wouldn't be the villain everyone feared. I would be happy. Or maybe it was all my fault. I should have gone into that pub. I could have fallen in love. Feelings of regret sink into my heart.
No.
If I had met Robin then, maybe other things might have happened. Mother might have killed him, too. I would have never cast the curse. Storybrooke would never have existed.
I never would have adopted Henry.
Henry would never have been there for me.
I would have never been a hero.

My phone buzzes.
It's Robin.
Hey Regina. Are you feeling better?

Yes, I am.

That's good. Would you like to meet at Granny's for lunch?

I'd love to.

Meet you at 2.

I'll be there.

I jump off my bed and change from my pyjamas to a red dress that falls just above my knees. I take put on my makeup and jewellery and go pick up my jacket from downstairs. I shiver as I open the door. The car door unlocks and I get in, starting the heater straight away.
I pull up at Granny's to see Robin waiting for me. It only just turned 2.
He comes up to my car and helps me out.
"Hey Regina. You look beautiful. Glad you're feeling better." He says to me.
"Yeah, me too." I respond. "Although I do feel a bit cold."
He takes my hand and we walk inside together. We sit down opposite each other and order. He's still holding my hand.
"You know, Regina," he begins. "I was getting really worried about you."
"Me? Why were you worried about me?"
"Cause you were ill. And you kept blanking out. Not to mention those days when you wouldn't wake up. But the most important reason, I love you. And I don't want to lose you. Ever."
"Oh, Robin," I hold his hand tighter. "I love you too, and I don't want to lose you either."
We eat together and afterwards he comes home with me.
"So..." I begin, unlocking the door. "What do you want to do now?"
"Anything. I don't mind." He says. I open the door and we both go inside. I take off my jacket and hang it up, and follow him onto my couch. I sit next to him and rest my head against his shoulder.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you too." He strokes my head gently and I fall asleep.
I wake up an hour later in my bed, and I hear Henry talking.
Robin comes upstairs.
"How was your sleep?" He asks.
"Alright." I say.
"I brought you up here. You were completely out." He explains.
"Thank you." I say, starting to get up. He helps me up by taking my hand and pulling me. I hug him. He feels warm, unlike my cold body.
"I cooked a meal for you. It's ready when you are."
"I think I'll stay here for 5 minutes or so to stretch my legs. I'll come down then."
"Alright. I'll get everything ready."
He goes downstairs, just as Henry comes up.
"Hey Henry."
"Hey mom. So... how was your day? What did you do?"
"It was good. I went for lunch with Robin."
"Ooh, like a date?" He teases.
"No! It's... just lunch."
"Oh, that perfectly explains the reason you brought him home."
"Henry! And he brought me home."
"Whatever mom. I'm just kidding." He comes and sits next to me and I hug him.
"So, what time is Emma coming?" I ask.
"She said she'll be here in a bit." Suddenly the doorbell rings. "Oh, well I guess that's her. See you tomorrow mom. Make sure you sleep."
"Yes, Henry, I know and I will."
He takes his stuff and runs downstairs. I follow, and as the door closes, Robin leads me into the dining room, where he had a candlelit dinner.
"Oh Robin, you shouldn't have."
"Well I did."
We both eat, and his food was amazing. We talk for a bit, and then then he stays with me for the night.
He carries me upstairs and puts me on my bed. I get changed and then we get in together.
He puts his arms around me and pulls me in close. I rest my head on his chest. After a while of talking a little longer, he kisses me goodnight and then he falls asleep. I slept a bit too much last night, so it takes me a little longer. But it happens eventually.

~

I'm in my dreams again, thinking about when I first saw Robin in that pub.
How scared I was. How I cowardly ran away when my true love was right in front of me.
I'm not scared anymore. I love him.

~

A/N: OQ tacoooos ;)