tree - soniaki

(Platonic or romantic)
Canon compliant, no spoilers

The tinsel garland tangled around Chiaki's torso and continued up to her head, wrapping itself into her hair..

"How did this happen?" Sonia asked gently, picking at the tinsel in an attempt to find the end with no success.

There was a beat of silence.

"I just...closed my eyes," Chiaki yawned, a box full of Christmas decorations beside her. Blue tinsel intertwined around her shoulders and arms causing her movements in the upper body to be slightly restrained. Lights from the christmas tree reflected off of it. Sonia was only gone for a minute to get the star for the tree...

Finally, Sonia found the end of it at the nape of her neck. She gently moved her hair to the side and pulled it off. It's felt like untangling some sort of impossible knot!

Chiaki just sat there on her usual spot on the couch, where she has been passing decorations for Sonia to place on the tree.

Despite the little effort, Sonia enjoyed decorating with Chiaki. It seemed like she knew exactly what Sonia wanted to put up next when she handed it to her. The soft Christmas music played in the background and the ruffling sound of the tinsel filled the air.

Finally it came undone, and the tinsel unfurled onto the seat next to Chiaki. Sonia stared at her concerned for a moment, "You're not hurt are you?" She was already scanning her for any scratches or scrapes from the rough texture of the decoration

Chiaki closed her eyes and smiled gently, holding her hands out in front of her in reassurance, "I'm fine." She opened her eyes, a smile still on her face and she looked at the almost complete tree.

"We're almost done, we just need this and the star," she gestured to the blue garland by her side and handed it to the princess.

"You're right!" Sonia's eyes shone as she realized just how close it was. The tree already looked really nice, the finishing touches should make it stunning!

Sonia started wrapping it around the top, handing it to Chiaki so she could do the other side and the process continued as they made their way down the tree. As she reached the base, she curled it around and tucked it into a branch towards the back so it looked neat.

Chiaki plopped back into the couch next to the box of decorations once more as Sonia admired their work.

The lights twinkled in the dim light of the common room, ornaments complemented one another with white and gold colors highlighting the key points. She was kind of doubting the blue tinsel but now that she sees it, it goes well with the green and white of the tree.

"Ok last is the star!" She exclaimed excitedly, turning to Chiaki expecting her to have the star ready for her to grab.

Instead, she was asleep on the couch, head resting on the edge of the couch. Her voice drifted off as she saw the pink haired girl sleeping peacefully so as to not wake her. They had been working for a long time...

Sonia gently walked towards the couch on the opposite side of the room to get the blanket to give Chiaki some warmth. She grabbed it and gently placed it on her body. When Chiaki took a particularly long breath she was scared she had woken her!

Seeing her so comfortable made Sonia feel sleepy too. Quietly, she made her way out of the room and to her own, feeling very proud of what her and Chiaki had accomplished.