Artemis' Father || Day Off

Pairing: Artemis' Father (Kai) x Female Reader (aka Artemis' mom)
Genre: Fluff
Story: A Billionare Hired Me To Date His Son (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrgLyLTscdQ)
**Requested by:** lollysucka
WORD COUNT: 1199
Note! This is more on fanon as no information about Artemis' parents have been provided through in depth manners. As requested, her dad will also be named Kai to avoid confusion.

My eyes fluttered softly as I stretched my arms to leave my bed, going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for my daughter since I woke up a bit earlier than the time I usually do

My eyes fluttered softly as I stretched my arms to leave my bed, going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for my daughter since I woke up a bit earlier than the time I usually do. I decided to take a vacation day off my job to take a break off work for once, smiling softly since I can attempt to relax without much worries.

Footsteps can be heard from the corridor, and I saw my daughter walk in. "Mom? What're you doing here still?" she asked, feeling surprised. With how early I leave, I barely get to see her in the morning and she usually just eats the dish I left for her on the table.

"Hey sweetie, I took a day off today. It's been too long since I got one, so I decided to have it today. Your father also isn't going to work today since he's been overworking himself way too much. It took me so long to persuruade him!" I sighed as I finished spreading sauce on the pancakes, placing the plate on the table. "Anyways, come eat. I'm sure you still have time before goong to school."

Artemis sat down and got another plate for herself, getting some pancakes and using her fork to slice them and start eating. "I'm glad you and dad are home for once, you both work too hard. I can't remember the last time I saw you guys home for a day." she said, rushing her meal before standing up. "Anyways, thanks for the food mom."

I smiled and walked up to her, gently squeezing her shoulder. "Any time, dear. Don't stress too hard over the mission okay? If you need advice, your father and I are here to assist you since we've had experience with these types of things before."

"Yeah mom, I know. Bye, love you! I'll visit you guys again soon!" Artmis got her bags and waved, heading out. I sighed a bit, she really is growing up too fast. My daughter has a gold smuggling case to achieve and has been working as a bodyguard, as a result she stays in that mansion for most nights. She decided to take the weekend here at home to relax from it, I don't wanna interfere too much and would rather let her handle things on her own but I will help out if necessary.

I eat some of the pancakes as well, covering them up so flies won't get attracted and wash some dishes. After cleaning up the kitchen a little, I walked back inside the bedroom and noticed my husband still asleep. I carefully lay back beside him and pick up a nearby book to pass some time.

Kai takes his job too seriously at times, he prioritizes justice a lot and would put in so much effort to put the guilty behind bars. His righteousness is what makes him so attractive yet he needs to remember that he has co-workers and family to back him up. Recently, an attempted robbery-murder took place in a small nearby town and Kai's been working day and night to find the criminal suspect responsible for all the damage. It's one of the hardest cases he's dealt with since the suspect is pretty sneaky, they were able to conceal their identity that well. Even other detectives are struggling, I had to take off work as well to further convince him to take at least a day off.

Some time passes and I feel the bed moving a bit, I turn around and see Kai groggily waking up. I closed the book and stroke his hair wirh a soft smile. "Good morning, dear. Did you sleep well?" I gently ask. "I prepared pancakes and can reheat them for you if you'd like. Artemis already left this morning for her job and mission."

"Morning, honey." He tiredly said. "I slept well than most days, I just wish I got to speak with Artemis a bit before she got out. I really need to check in on her if she's okay and for her to give me updates on the situation so I can help. What if it gets too dangerous for her to continue being involved?"

"Nonesense, Kai. It's only been a week since she started, I'm worried too I'll admit but let's it leave up to her to handle. Aside from having frustrations with the first week, she seems to be doing alright despite all that." I told him. "If it does get too hazardous for her to continue the job then we shoudle meddle." I grin a bit. "Of course she can handle it thougu, after all she's our daughter."

"And because she's our daughter, we need to watch out for her more. I just- I'm not denying her skills and intellect, she's incredible stealthy and her martial arts are at peak levels but she's still our child you know?" Kai sulked, "I wish I could be as calm about Artemis like you, (Y/N). How do you do it anyway?"

"Me? I wouldn't call myself calm." I laughed, "Like you, I worry about Artemis everyday. I also sometimes worry that I'm not a good enough mother for her since I don't try to interfere much with situations like this unless necessary." I paused a bit, then continued. "But I trust her, I trust her skills and capability. I'm sure she'll be able to handle this mission."

He smiled tiredly at me. "I'm lucky to have you in my life, sweetheart. You always know the right things to tell me so I can relax." He then moves closer to me, "Plus, of course you're a good mother. Look at how amazing and skilled Artemis ended up, that's because of your parenting as well."

I kiss his forehead. "Thank you, love. I genuinely appreciate the reassurance. Are you sure you don't wanna continue sleeping though? You still seem pretty tired and God knows what time you actually slept last night."

Kai nods, "Just... stay with me first okay? I've been so focused on my career as a detective that I sometimes forget about cherishing the best woman in my life. It's just a day of us together, but let me hold you."

I oblige and lay in the covers, Kai pulls me close to him and I felt his arms wrap my waist. I move my arms to hold him close. We stay together in silence, comfortable and sweet silence. We continue cuddling in bed, until he kissed my cheek and went back to sleep. Even years after marriage, he still makes my heart warm. This righteous detective, this loving father and this wonderful husband has effected my life in so many ways. This life, I'll continue on cherishing and protecting until my last breath.