Hunter || Not Me.

Pairing: Hunter x Female Reader
Genre: Angst/Drama.
Story: I have to tell the truth (https://youtu.be/CxbFCDPCl3U)
Word Count: 1034

be/CxbFCDPCl3U)Word Count: 1034

(Y/N)'s Diary, Page 28

I've been childhood friends with Hunter for my whole life. As little kids, we would come up with stupid pranks and do them towards the other neighborhood kids and it'd be so hillarious every time it happened! Well, the not so fun part was to run away from the angry kids' neighbors and to have Hunter's dad scold him for it. Still that never stopped us with our crazy ideas.

We would also play video games during weekends or go to parties when invited. You see, I'm good friends with Hunter since my family is pretty wealthy too. My mother is a politican and is friends with Hunter's parents, although she isn't as well known as them. Because of my wealth, I got popular really quick through elementary school and have been able to make lots of friends. I was an okay student, not the best but at least they aren't failing. Hunter on the other hand doesn't really pay as much attention to school like I do, so during elementary I'd let him cheat off me during tests or find some other way to do it. It did work! For a while, until some stupid teacher's pet caught me and immediately snitched. What a buzzkill!

As kids though, we were pretty smart with our pranks and rather sneaky too. I remember pranking my cousins once and they even said I should exert my intelligence in academic related activities, but I heavily detest that statement. It's not that school sucks (I mean it does though), I just don't wanna waste my time on doing something I know I hate. Pranks and video games are something I dearly love, so of course I'll put it in my atmost effort into them.

In middle school and high school, we remained the same. I stopped pulling pranks but I did still help Hunter set a few ones up at the school. What still surprises me though is the time he got a cow in, although we're extremely close he refused to tell me anything! It's not like I'd snitch, I'm just amazed... and concerned on HOW he even pulled it off. Hunter really is something else, huh?

However, I'm grateful to be friends with him. Not just because he's funny and his idiotic anticts make me crack up, it's also due to how he's willing to listen. I've gotten bullied a few times growing up.
From the first time I told him about it, it makes me recall an incident back in elementary; he pranked one of my then bullies by secretly putting nutella on her chair before she sat on it and when she stood up he quickly pointed to the behind of her pants and cried. "Ew! She pooped in class!! Yucky!" Me and the reat of the class bursted out laughing, since I actually didn't see him prepare the prank beforehand so I was surprised too. Of course though, the teacher wasn't amused and everyone already knew Hunter did this prank. He got detention for it, but class felt boring without him. I remember drawing all over the black board just to get sent with him in the detention room, so we could talk instead and just laugh around in there until we were free to leave.

In a way, pranks connected us. Doing them everyday as kids closened our bond, linked our souls together and made us have a deeper relationship. They may just be stupid jokes to most people, but to me it's what makes me and Hunter have a solid friendship. We laugh off the pranks, continue on with them, and then hang out for the rest of the day. He's great, really. A guy who could make me laugh and was quite caring too, well in his own way.

I hope he's doing alright though, he hasn't been going to school and replying either. If this is a joke, it isn't funny. Then again Hunter dows have his limits and wouldn't do something like this for my reaction, he knows how I fewl about these types of thinga. I just hope he gets to school again, I miss him a lot.

I continued walking through the halls after I got split ways with my friends, it was a slow day but I managed to get some homework finished anyway. I'm glad Hunter's situation with his father has gotten better, he was a jerk anyway and I never liked him growing up.

I passed by the detention room and saw two familiar figures; was that... Hunter with someone? Curious, I hid behind one of the lockers to eavesdrop on whatever they're talking about.

"I'm still... surprised about this, y'know." He started off, smiling shyly at the person. What? He never smiled softly with me, it was always a wide and energetic type of grin. I couldn't properly tell who the other person is since I only recognize Hunter's voice.
"Me too," the female voice said. "Uh.. a lot of rumors did say you and (Y/N) had a thing, so even when Stacy did date you I somewhat thought you still liked (Y/N).."
Hunter then bursts out laughing. "HELL no! She's just my childhood friend, a best friend. I view her as a sister, imagining her in a romantic way is... so weird! I can't believe you'd assume that!" he just kept chuckling.

My body went cold, I recognized now that female voice. It was Hazel, a stunningly gorgeous and smart girl. They were hanging out a lot lately. Who am I kidding? Of course he'd like her, she's amazing while here I am being so pathetic.

My legs move on their own as I dash off, tears falling from my eyes as a sob escapes from my lips. I couldn't take it, how I thought we had a connection but it was one sided. How I thought he felt close to me too, but it was me assuming. How I thought he'd feel the same way, but he had been pining for her.