(4)

"I thought I'd find you here," Everett says, leaning on the bar beside Florence. He hadn't even noticed that Malachi was on the other side of her.

Malachi glances up, only to find he was staring at the man's chest, he has to tilt his head to see his face. Whoever this man was, he was huge, and missing an eye.

Everett used to play for Moseley rugby club, in the South of Birmingham, he was front line, a prop. But in one match there had been a mass brawl, it had resulted in the death of one of the opposing players, and Everett had been kicked stud first in the face.

Being a rugby player meant he tended to be taller, and bigger than most men. He was physically fit to go to war, he wanted to go, but because of his lack of an eye, the doctors wouldn't clear him.

"Whose that?" Everett asks, now aware of Malachi who was eyeing him up and down.

"That's Betty's brother," Florence says, taking a sip from her drink, "Malachi, this is Everett."

For some reason, Everett seemed to perceive Malachi as a threat to whatever relationship he had with Florence, and placed a hand on her waist, "you ready to go?"

"Let me finish my drink, then we can go," Florence responds.

"Where are you going?" Malachi asks, and Everett scoffs, "what's it to you?"

"Play nice," Florence warns, placing a hand on his chest.

Malachi makes eye contact with Florence, before looking back at Everett, "it's nothing to me, but I'm sure her family would like to know."

"Tell them she won't be home tonight," Everett smirks, his thumb gently tracing patterns on Florence's hip.

"Rett, stop," Florence states.

"Stop what?" Everett asks.

"I know exactly what you're doing, and I'm telling you to stop else you'll be spending the night with your hand," Florence says, turning to Malachi, "tell them I'll see them tomorrow."

"How is that any different from what I said?" Everett responds.

"I didn't have that stupid look on my face," Florence says, finishing her drink.

-

"Hello, Flo," Roy greets, "I've missed you."

"Back off, Roy," Everett warns, grabbing a tube off the table, "what have I told you?"

"How was any of that creepy?" Roy exclaims.

"Don't flick your tongue out when you're greeting people, that is fucking weird," Everett responds, guiding Florence up the stairs.

They go into his room, and he uncorks the lid, tipping a line onto his desk, handing Florence a note, watching her snort the line, before taking a line himself.

He then reaches for the bottle of whiskey, taking a swig, smirking down at Florence who was starting to unbutton his shirt, running her hands over his bare chest.

Everett leans down, hands firmly placed on her waist as he presses a kiss to her lips, walking her backwards until her back legs hit the side of the bed causing her to fall back onto it.

"As if you'd ever leave me to have a night alone with my hand," Everett chuckles, descending onto the bed, hands sliding up her legs, lifting her dress over her head, discarding it to the side.

"You'd be leaving yourself alone without my hand, and we both know how much you like my hands," Everett says, one of his hands going between her legs.

-