CHAPTER 10

*GISELLE*

Another weekend has passed, Gian and I were both busy with our work that we weren't able to meet for an entire week, although we have been constantly communicating with each other. However, I've noticed that it's usually me that asks for updates on his life. He seldom asks about me, but I shrugged it off and just didn't think too much about it. He's a busy man of course, running his own security company.

'Maybe I should visit him,'

And there I was on a Saturday morning, walking inside the building where he lives. I greeted the receptionist who I have befriended. She just waved at me and signaled me that Gian was indeed in the building. I smiled to myself while I was in the elevator. I'm wearing his favorite lacy lingerie, I couldn't stop the naughty thoughts that kept on intruding on my thoughts. I laughed at myself.

'Is this what sex-deprived people think?' I thought to myself.

I was still smiling to myself when I disembarked out of the elevator. But my smile slowly faded when I saw Gian coming out of his unit escorting a busty girl. He was a bit surprised to see me but kept on walking towards me with his hands on the girl's waist. I felt like I was on the twilight zone, 'What the heck is happening here?' I thought to myself.

"I'll see you again next time, Neliel," I heard Gian addressing the girl.

The other girl raised perfectly shaped eyebrows, "Yeah, sure! I'll think about it,"

I didn't notice that I was holding my breath until the girl he called Neliel went inside the elevator leaving the two of us alone. I was only able to breathe normally when the door closed behind her.

"What are you doing here, Giselle?" Gian asked a little coldly. "You should have texted before dropping by."

I swallowed the lump in my throat before managing to speak. "Who was that?"

He placed his hands in his pants pockets before answering, "Ah...that's Neliel. We were just talking about something,"

"You guys talked? Business?"

Gian shrugged, "Sort of..." he answered noncommittal.

"Business talk inside your penthouse? How does that work?" my tone was a little higher this time mainly because of Gian's nonchalant replies. "What kind of business talk did you guys have that it has to be in your home?"

"In my case, I sometimes do business inside my home, is there something wrong with how I handle my business?"

"Everything!" I couldn't help the jealousy that tinged my voice. "What kind of businesswoman would want to deal with a prospective client inside his home?"

"Neliel just did that." his nonchalant answers were really triggering me. "Look, let's take this inside,"

I consented and let him lead me inside his home. But the green monster in me wouldn't be stopped so when they were inside I still persisted on the issue.

"Aside from talking, what else did you guys do?"

Gian let out an exasperated sigh, "What are you still going on about that? I told you she was a business colleague, you're acting like a nagging jealous wife!" he testily remarked.

"Well I am jealous!!!" I answered really getting annoyed now.

"Well you have no right to be jealous, so stop!" he rebuked me harshly.

Gian's ruthless words shocked me, I couldn't utter a single word. Gian looked at me before shaking his head.

"This isn't working. I don't have any plans of marrying you, Giselle. Heck, I don't even have any plans of getting serious with you. You're not the type that I would want to marry someday."

"Then what was I to you, Gian?"

"You're too straightforward, Giselle. You kept on throwing yourself at me, or heck, on any man that you fancy..." he answered cruelly.

It took a lot not to burst into tears, I had to swallow the lump in my throat before I was able to speak without breaking into tears.

"Even before we were kids, you were the only man I have ever loved, second only to my dad, Gian. I was only ever doing those with you, heck, let's be brutally honest, I don't have to flirt or throw myself at any man, I can get them just by looking at them. I guess I was overly clingy and touchy with you, but you see it's my love language," I inhaled shakily.

"I'm a scatterbrain most of the time, I don't cook well, and being affectionate was my way of showing how much I care about you. If I didn't do the things I did, will you even look my way, Gian?" she asked, but his silence was enough of an answer for her,

"Anyway, whatever harsh words you have it won't change the fact that I love you, I'm still in love with you, but yeah, in time, I'll learn to forget you."

She blinked the tears away, "Thanks for wasting your time on me. Although it wasn't entirely wasted right, I know for a fact you liked me in your bed," she laughed bitterly. " Don't worry, I won't ever waste your time anymore, Mr. Gian Ford. Excuse me."

*GIAN*

Giselle's face as she said those words almost broke me. I was in a lot of stress lately. Mainly because of some aspects of my business and also because of the confusion that I was feeling whenever we are together. I should have apologized, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't mean any of the things I've said.

"Fuck!!!" I threw the shot glass I was holding.

It's been more than an hour since she left my place. I took my keys and went out to go to her house. When I got there, the lights on her apartment window were dark and her car was nowhere to be seen. I stayed in my car and decide to wait up for her. I waited the entire night, but she didn't turn up that I was starting to get worried. I have been text bombing her phone, and I've also tried calling her, but she wasn't answering.

"Hey, Gis, where are you?Just pick up the phone or just text me, so I know you're safe." I left a message on her phone for a hundredth time.

Giselle had been gone for almost a week and I still haven't heard anything from her. Good thing we had another meeting with her boss, Rozen Tobisa, so I was able to check if she was back from wherever she went. But I also can't ask Rozen directly on where his secretary is. He's a very perceptive guy and I don't want him to know how I messed around with his missing executive assistant.

"I haven't seen Giselle lately, Mr. Tobisa." his assistant Kirk asked, the younger guy, he promised to himself his giving Kirk a bonus because of that. "She also hasn't visited Sir Gian in a while,"

They were just done with another meeting for the new security system for Rozen's company.

"I don't know about that woman," Rozen surly answered," She filed for a vacation leave after she had been absent for a couple of days. Good thing that she didn't leave any unfinished work, or she wouldn't have a job to return to."

I'm just adding the songs that I randomly listen to while writing this short story...