Chapter Zero

   The wind brushes up against the windows, the cold air going into a open window

windows, the cold air going into a open window.

The breeze causes the white paper on the desk to fall onto the floor then towards the closet. A foot rushingly drags itself inside and pushes up against the inside of the closed in space.

With heavy breathing and wide eyes, the woman puts a hand over her mouth and closes her eyes.

A loud voice echoes through the room as the being that it belongs to, drags itself into the room.

It twisted itself in uncanny lengths, seeking throughout the room. It calls out in a fatherly tone.

"C-come out dear, I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanna protect you".

It's voice almost, just almost, sounded human, maybe even exactly like his. But theres only one problem. He died five years ago, in a car crash. Theres no way he's still alive.

The woman covers her mouth as the slow and antagonizing footsteps grew closer.

She's thinking about making a in for it but the closet doors flew open.
She should've known better. It's not like anyone that had an interactions with these, things, ever survived to tell the tale.

Her bottom lip trembled and she didn't look up as she felt eyes staring straight down on her. She couldn't. She's afraid to look up, afraid to see what will be staring back at her.

She feels a hand, one that felt shallow. No warmth nor coldness. Just an empty and fleshy meat suit that this thing is trying to mimic.

The hand pulls her out of the closet and onto the floor next to its feet. The woman slowly gazed up with wide eyes.

What she sees is terrifying for a human to take in. It's features are indescribable and nothing like a humans.

She quickly crawls away on her back as the thing takes slow, almost teasing, footsteps towards her.

"No please, don't do this!". Her tears face down her face as the dark shadow grew closer. "What do you want please!".

It's like this thing could mimic anyone it wanted, at any time. And seeing the process of it shifting is a sight that would make even the darkest mind paranoid to even leave their bed.

It's like a nightmare that someone can't wake up from. A lucid one that's slowly starting to become real.

This thing was real. She was real. This is real.

She cries out as the skin on its body morphed into her biggest fear. It leans it face close to hers and smiles cheek to cheek.

It's like looking in the mirror.

It tilts its head and leans its body all the way down to her. If someone with human anatomy did that, the bones in their back would have broke and they would have been paralyzed. But of course, this things wasn't truly human, it just looked like one because it wanted to.

The thing opens its mouth, that's all to familiar and talks like a broken voice box that keeps playing over and over.

"I want you. I am you. But I cant officially be if there's the both of us. After all". It's stretched out eyes look down then back at her. "There's not enough room for the two of us".

It grins with shaft horrid teeth before leaping at her as she screams in terror. But it's not like anyone hears her. No one will even notice that she's gone, that she's been replaced.