19.5

My second entry into the contest.

Nineteen 1/2

"Because you left me behind."

Those words kept ringing in Axel's mind as Stacey walked away. She didn't even go into her locker like she had wanted. He couldn't help but feel guilty for the way he treated Stacey. Axel had always thought that they were friends of some sort.

Stacey's other words rang in Axel's head as well. Love. How was Axel suppose to know that she loved him. Maybe deep down inside Axel did know. He just chose to ignore it.

Axel could tell by the way Stacey looked at him that she loved him. He knew from the day he took her virginity. He knew the day he let his idot friend ask her out. The pleading look on Stacey's face asking him to do something. To say anything for him to indicate that he was not ok with his friend taking her out. Stacey didn't deserve any of it.

"Hey babe."

Hearing that voice brought a smile to Axel's face. He knew instantly that Scarlett was right behind him.

"Hey babe." Axel said as he gave her a hug then a kiss. Scarlett was different from all the other girls. She was beautiful with out even knowing it.

The day Stacey kissed him in the cafeteria and Scarlett had seen was one of the worst days of his life. He thought that he had lost Scarlett for good that day.

Axel could tell that Stacey didn't really want to kiss him. He could tell by her facial expressions. Also by the way Stacey was looking at her so called friends for support. But when he thought he lost Scarlett he lost it. Axel couldn't lose Scarlett, he couldn't go through what he had went through when he and Melissa broke up.

He had to chase Scarlett down and convince her that he didn't want Stacey to kiss him. Even though Stacey was the cause for his almost break up with Scarlett, Axel still feels guilty. Axel feels that if he would have never had sex with Stacey then Stacey would have not been they way that she is today.