Chapter 7

We kept our game down for most of the following days since we didn't get much alone time during the cases we worked on.

But last night, when we were leaving the office last, he didn't make any comment or even acknowledge me. Not going to lie, it kind of stink. Maybe he doesn't want to continue playing anymore because we actually work together now. Either way, I am disappointed.

Tonight, per usual, we were the last two in the bullpen and I go by his office to drop of my reports after emailing a copy to my supervisor.

"I finished" I announce as I let the files on his desk

"Congratulations" he says without even looking up.

I can tell he is tired tonight. I can see he is stressed and exhausted, because the case got quite emotional at the end.

"Are you good?" I ask

"Yeah" he answers sharply.

"Do you want to go catch a drink later? I think you might need something to relax" I suggest

"I do need to relax, as soon as I finish with this. But here is another question, how are you not upset after this case?" he asks

"Honestly, I have seen worse in the military" I admit.
And done worse with CIA.

"Take a break" I say.

He lets out a long breath and lets the pen down. He slips out of his jacket and throws it on the back of his chair. His shirt stretches and his muscles flex with every movement as he loosens his tie just enough.

What's wrong with me? I have seen plenty of muscles and abs before, I've been in the army for fuck sakes. Why does he have this effect on me?

I walk behind his desk and then behind his chair.

"What are you going?" he asks

"Helping you relax" I answer.

I place my hands on his strong shoulders and I start massaging him. He doesn't protest so I continue. I feel his muscles and I want to rip that shirt off of him.

I move my hands closer to his neck and I focus on the back of his neck for a bit. Until my fingers, like feather, tease his skin. And I want to go so much lower--

He grabs my hands and turns to look at me. His whiskey eyes meet mine.
"Stop" he demands.

He lets go of me and picks up his pen again. "Goodnight, Agent Quinn".

I nod and I walk out without saying anything further.

The next morning, I didn't see him when I walked by his office, nor the conference room.

"Where's Hotch?" I ask, as I sit down

"Budget meeting" JJ answers

"Maybe he'll get us a raise" Reid suggests

"They're cutting, not raising. I just hope they don't take the coffee" Dave says

"I'd quit"

"Oh yeah, that'll save them 50 bucks a week" he replies.

Suddenly I'm glad I don't get paid by the FBI at the moment.

"Hotch will meet us on the plane" JJ interrupts

"Where are we going?" Prentiss asks

"New York. Three murders during the last months, all three victims had reported threatening letters showing up at their houses weeks prior". Garcia continues to give us all the information she has and then sends us our way.