Chapter 14

I stayed home for a few days. The BAU worked one case without me, and then I thought it was time to go back.

During my time off, Aaron called me a few times to check up on me which I appreciated. Things between us are really good, despite the fact that we haven't addressed what he said the other night. He even offered to pick me up this morning.

"You've given me so many rides, I feel like I need to start paying the gas" I joke as we get out of the car

"Please don't"

"Then we should take my car sometimes" I suggest

"I am not letting you drive when I am in the same car" he insists

"You're spoiling me, turning me into a passenger princess"

"Good. Next step: Pillow princess" he whispers in my ear as we walk

"We'll see about that..." I try to hide my smile as we enter the elevator with multiple other people.

We reach the 6th floor and there is a surprise waiting for me the moment we step out. However, it wasn't a pleasant one.

"Georgia! I-- I apologize. I mean Gianna!" she says in the most fake tone

"Mother... You look older. What happened? No more money botox?" I ask

"Not a good start, honey--"

"Don't call me that" I interrupt her.

She is like I remember her, just more wrinkly. She has done some very obvious botox, but it can't hide everything.

Besides that, her wardrobe looks the same; suits and skirts. Her hair is also the same; red, short, in tight curls that always aged her up.

Her eyes shift from me to Aaron.
"Attorney General Katerina Palmer" she introduces herself

"SSA Aaron Hotchner" he returns the handshake, keeping a hostile gesture

"Agent Hotchner, just the man I was looking for. I would like to have a word with you later, that's why I am here actually" she says, looking at me for the last sentence.

"Of course... Agent Hotchner, please continue without me. I will be right there with you" I give Aaron an out

"Briefing starts in 5 minutes" he says to me and walks away.

There is no briefing though. He just said that so I can have a reason to escape this situation in case I need to.

"You have some fucking nerve showing up here" I say stepping closer to my mother

"Well, Dominic mentioned he saw you a few days ago and I decided to pay a visit. Can't I?" she asks, acting all sweet

"No, you can't. You have 22 years to make contact. So, what happened now?"

"Straight to the chase. Ok. Your father is getting released on Monday, and I am hosting dinner for the whole family" she announces

"Wow..." I chuckle. "You have the position of Attorney General of the state of Ohio for less than a year and you are already getting him out of prison? And you have time for family dinners now?"

"Your father has completed a big part of his sentence and he has regretted what he has done--"

"Sure...".

"Who are you to speak? You haven't seen him since you left, you haven't visited--"

"I didn't leave. You kicked me out, remember?"

"And it has clearly taught you nothing"

"No, it has taught me a lot. Most importantly, it has taught me that blood doesn't mean family. So, go have your dinner to celebrate your husband getting out of jail after raping 3 other women while you were married".