Thirteen

Her feet pounded against the ground, racing towards where she had last seen him. The entire factory had been emptied out, no one could be seen anywhere she turned.

She rushed to the room where he had stayed, but when she swung open the door her heart tore in two. The room was bare, her eyes filled with tears as she slid down the door frame.

He had left without telling her, she lost him again. She let out a loud cry as she gripped her hair, sobbing as her tears hit the wooden floor.

Her vision clouded by tears, the sounds of static filled her ears as she shut off the world around her. She felt like she was reliving her past, the pain and torture of losing her lover came flooding into her, her stomach aching and her head spinning.

Letting out an ear piercing scream, her vision glowed brighter then it ever had. Flames spread across her body as she cried.

When she calmed down she saw a piece of paper on the ground with her name on it, her shaky hand picked it up and she opened it.

Y/n,
Please don't be upset that I'm not here. I knew that you'd come looking for me after everything with the Electro Archon, so I left you this note. I had to leave Inazuma, I stole the Gnosis from the Raiden Shogun and I'm going to change everything for the better. Finally I'll become what I was created for, and I'll no longer be a worthless puppet.

I'll be waiting for you my queen.

Forever yours.

She finished reading and held the paper to her chest, wondering where he could've gone. She stood up and walked out of the delusion factory, the light from her eyes gone and her gaze towards the ground.

She made her way back to Inazuma City, walking past happy people with their families. Looking upon them with want, wishing she had that of her own.

Tears filled her eyes once more as she made her way back to the shrine, Shrine maidens tried to get her attention, but backed off when they saw her expression.

Yae Miko was concerned about the girl, and went up to ask her what the matter was. All she responded with was "I lost him again." And left.

She walked to her room and face planted into her bed, her quiet sobs echoing though the shrine. The shrine maidens wanted to talk to her, make sure she was okay. But she ignored everyone who came through the door.

Days turned to weeks.

Weeks turned to months.

Every night she would sneak out and travel the islands of Inazuma, fighting Treasure horders and Members of the Fatui to keep herself from bursting. She improved using her polearm and mastering her vision, fighting until she collapsed every night.

After two months, she heard a knock on the door. Yae Miko came in with a bag.

"Y/n? Maybe it's time you take a Vacation." She suggested. "You've been locked up in here too long, so I've made some plans with friends from Liyue and you're going to stay there for a while."

"But I need to be here with you." She retaliated. "I have no need to be in Liyue."

"You can't keep staying in here, people are worried. Aether left over two months ago, and everytime someone asked what's wrong you just say I lost him again." Yae sat down on the end of her bed. "What's really going on Y/n?"

"I found out my lover works for the Fatui okay?!" She burst, making Yae Miko's eyes widen. "The person I loved back before my coma, he's a Fatui Harbinger... I found out and I just... I still love him Yae!"

"I...I see. Well, he's lucky that even though he's bad, that he still has someone like you who loves him. And I'm sure he'll come back to find you." She explained. "Now, I've scheduled a ship, I don't want you to give me no for an answer, just go for a trip to Liyue to calm your mind. Trust me, when you come back you'll feel better."

Y/n stayed quiet and nodded, wiping her tears away before standing up and gathering stuff to pack in the bag.

"I'll walk you to the docks once you're finished." Yae said before leaving the room.

While packing, Y/n took the paper that she kept under her pillow and kissed it, placing it in the bag and closing it. She picked up the bag and walked out to Yae Miko before descending the mountain.

They walked to the dock, moving past the busy crowds of the city. The smell of the salty ocean water filled Y/n's nose and the sound of the waves smashing against the land.

"There's your boat." Yae pointed towards a large ship that was docked, a woman with brown hair and an eyepatch stood with her arms resting against the side of the boat. Her eyes landed on the two approaching and she walked down to greet them.

"How's it going? I'm captain Beidou, I'll be taking you to Liyue today." The woman said with a smile. "You're Y/n right? I believe I heard about you through one of my crew members."

"Indeed. It's good to see you again Y/n." The familiar voice of the white haired boy filled her ears.

"Oh hello Kazuha, I didn't know you were a crew member for this ship." She smiled slightly.

"Yes I've been working with Beidou for a while now, I'll be watching over you on the ship and then taking you to the Inn where you'll be staying in Liyue." Kazuha explained, leading her onto the boat.

Y/n looked back at Yae Miko and waved goodbye, she waved back and watched her disappear.

The ship set sail and the h/c haired adeptus stood on the side, looking down at the water as they cut through it with ease.

"Here comes the hard part people! Everyone hold on!" Beidou called as everyone quickly scrambled to their stations.

"Y/n, come with me. You can stay in my room as we pass through the storm." Kazuha escorted her to a room above deck that was nicely decorated. "Please make yourself at home. I'll be helping out there if you need anything."

Once the door was closed she made her way to the window, watching the storm roll in, and it filled her heart with the pain. She sighed and placed her hand against the glass, praying to the Archons for the safe return of her lover.