Chapter 8: A Warning

As I watch the door opened, I saw Aiden and Lilith's face na puno ng pawis and still in a bit of a shock.

"AIDEN!! LILITH!!!" malakas na masayang sigaw ni Caily as she opened up her arms to hug the both of them. "I'm so glad you guys are okay!!" sabi niya pa habang mahigpit paring nakayakap sakanila.

"G-Guys..!!" kumalas na si Caily from her hug while Charlotte rushes to hug the both of them too. She releases herself from the hug and faced them. "I-I thought something bad happened to you guys.. thank god, you're here right now." nag-aalalang sabi niya pa.

"Aiden, Lilith, you guys okay?" rining 'kong tanong ni Keane nang mapansin niyang hindi nagsasalita or gumagalaw ang dalawa.

We all paused to wait for their answers for a second, then suddenly, Aiden snapped back to reality and agad-agad at mangiyak-ngiyak na niyakap si Charlotte. "W-we were so s-scared.. we thought we were going to.. die..!!" he buried his face on Charlotte's shoulder as he let out small sobs. I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I see him cry.

Gulat man, pinilit ni Charlotte na i-comfort si Aiden at pigilan ang sarili niyang pag-iyak dahil narin nakikita niyang si Aiden na ganito.

"I-It's okay.. it's okay, you're okay. I got you.. I got you.." she comforts him as she caress his back. Malungkot na pinanood lang namin sila. I looked away as I feel my eyes heat up.

'I'm so sorry.. this had to happen again.'

"Lilith.. you okay?" baling 'ko kay Lilith na nasa likod parin ni Aiden.

"I-I'm okay. I just- I just need to breathe for a moment.. everything happened too fast.." she replied as she was trying to sound okay. She was looking down on the floor with a troubled face. I can tell that she's still in distressed.

"Lilith.. come here." seryosong sabi 'ko as I offered my arm towards her, telling her to grab my hand and come to me. She looked at me as I was looking at her, I saw as her face looks like she's about to cry.

She immediately rushed to me. As she grabbed my hand, I quickly pulled her into a tight hug. She buried her face on my shoulder too as she let out her sobs.

"It's okay.. I'm here now." I comfort her as I caress her hair.

'Ugh.. why does this have to happen again?'

"T-They were here.. they were here, Leeia," bigla siyang humarap saakin. "They were here..! They found us, Leeia!" natataranta at sunod-sunod na sabi niya sa'kin. My heartbeat starts to raise again, that it feels like it's gonna burst out of my chest.

I was hesitating on what to say to her, so Keane did. "Calm down, Lilith. What are you talking about?" seryosong tanong ni Keane sakaniya. Napatingin naman si Lilith sakaniya.

Huminga siya nang malalim. "I'm sorry.. okay," she apologizes as she's about to explain.

30 minutes earlier — Lilith's POV

Aiden and I stayed at the spot where Caily and Charlotte left us. We had our flashlights off, and we were quiet. Suddenly, we heard rustling from the bushes na malapit saamin. Napatingin kami dito and we were scared.. but, I tried to whisper to Aiden,

"Do. Not. Move—" but as I was about to turn to look at him, he suddenly grabbed my arm as he was already standing up at mabilis siyang tumakbo habang hila-hila ang braso 'ko so I had no choice but to run with him.

While we were running, I kept looking back to try and look out for something or someone. I turned to look at Aiden again, "Aiden..! Why are we running??" I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.