Chapter 17 : Secrets

THIRD'S PERSON'S POV

~~~

"Gaga! Tanda-tanda na nun, noh. May mga anak na nga ata yun eh." tuloy na pag-kwento pa ni Caily habang naglalakad. Natawa naman ang iba sa sinabi niya.

The police officer that Caily was talking about was still the topic. Except for Leeia and Keane, na tahimik na naglalakad sa likod nila.

Leeia heard Keane chuckle as he listens to the other's conversation. She let out a quiet giggle as well.

"Keane? Thank you nga pala sa libre," said Leeia as they walk.

Napatingin naman si Keane. "Okay lang, of course. Kahit araw-araw pa 'yan." pag mayabang pa niya, smirking.

"Mmhm." pag-sang ayon nalamang ni Leeia nang nakataas ang kilay.

"Pinagbigyan? Burger lang pala katapat mo eh." asar pa ni Keane.

"Tss," she rolled her eyes but was still smiling.

Bahagyang natawa si Keane. "Joke lang. But, you are welcome." he gave her a sweet smile.

Nagkatinginan sila, just smiling at each other. After a moment of looking at each other's eyes, they giggled.

They continued to walk, momentarily not speaking. Crossing the road, into the parking lot.

"Leeia?" said Keane after they have crossed.

"Mhyeah?" she was a bit startled. She has been in her mind, thinking a lot.

Hindi sumagot si Keane at nanatiling tiningnan si Leeia.

"..what?" asked Leeia, staring back at him.

"Leeia," he started. "anong problema?" seryosong tanong niya.

Ngunit hindi sumagot si Leeia. She observed both his eyes before finally looking away. They continued walking, Keane still waiting for her answer.

"...wala." she replied after a minute of deep silence between them, with the others' voices fading in their field of hearing.

Suddenly, Keane grabbed her arm, stopping together. "Tell me." he looked at her with his deep, sincere eyes.

She stared at him, stunned and too terrified to answer.

"Tell me, Leeia."

She was slowly breathing heavily, her eyes wide staring at Keane's. Suddenly turning her head to the side to look at the others.

Sinundan naman ni Keane ang tingin niya at nakitang nakahinto na silang lahat sa harap ng entrance ng parking lot at curious na nakatitig sakanila.

Bumalik ang tingin niya kay Leeia nang biglang mabilis na binitaw ang kaniyang kamay mula sa hawak ni Keane at daling umalis sa harap niya.

"L-Leeia??" he called out to her. She kept walking away from them.

The others started to call out to her too. Mabilis na sinundan ni Keane si Leeia papuntang loob ng parking lot.

"Leeia! Sandali lang!" he yelled out when she wouldn't stop speedwalking. Others were on their tail, trying to also keep up to them.

When Keane was just a step closer to her, she suddenly stopped and turned to face him. He immediately halted.

"I-I.." her voice was shaky, looking down with her eyes red and puffy.

"W-What is i—"

"I just need to go to the bathroom." she cut him off, making eye contact.