Give A Little Bit

•Maxi's POV•

Sid and I eventually decided to take a walk in the park. I hoped it would remind him of our childhood and all of the great times we had. He seemed really shaken up from Nancy's death, and who's to blame him. He just really looked like he needed to get his fix.

I wanted nothing more than to get him better. I'd do anything to make sure he wouldn't take anymore drugs. I couldn't stand the idea of losing him. Sid needed someone to take care of him, and I was just the person for the job.

No matter how big the responsibility would be, I accepted it fully. Sid needed me now, more than ever. He was falling apart, and fast.

Finally, we got to the park, wandered around a bit, then sat down in the grass. He seemed very out of place, disconnected from the rest of the world.

"Sid, what are you going to do with your life now?" I asked him, hoping to get a semi-positive answer.

"Nothing...maybe do myself off," he mumbled, tearing out blades of grass and letting them fall to the ground.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Sid was seriously considering suicide. I grasped his shoulders softly but with a firm hand.

"Sid, I want to take care of you..." I said in all seriousness.

A recognition appeared in his eyes. He looked relieved yet flustered.

"Really Maxi? After all that we've been through? After all the shit that I caused?!" He asked in disbelief, like a child about to be scolded.

"Of course, Sid Vicious..."

I leaned in and kissed his lips softly.