Κεφάλαιο: LVII

The next day at the Ballroom Hall, the group is warming up for another rehearsal

With some of them complaining, "Last night was awful..." Deuce sighed as he felt his sore muscles.

"I'm aching all over after having to sleep on the hard floor." Ace also complained.

"I ain't even in the ensemble. It ain't fair, I tell ya..." Grim as well.

"Guys? Are you okay?" Epel asked, worried.

Meg who was in a split for stretching laughed mockingly, "They got cursed because they slipped in for some snacks last night."

Kalim arrived just before the ginger haired boy can reply, "Ah, everyone's here. Good morning."

"How'd you even knew that?" The hearts boy asked with a frown.

"I don't sleep that deep. Especially if I'm not sure that the facility is safe."

"But you were sure that there are no assassins in the school." Yuu frowned at what he heard.

"Just because there are no assassins doesn't mean the danger reduce to that." The brunette answered and did a hand stand.

"I heard a bunch of noise last night as well and leapt out of bed. I thought someone was attacking. But no... When I went to see what was going on, I found you guys sprawled out on the ground." Jamil agreed to what the Ignihyde boy had stated.

"It wasn't by choice, okay?! Vil used his signature spell on us." Ace whined.

"Did he really?" The ravenette asked.

"Yeah. He cursed the grub in the fridge. Is that scary or what?!" The racoon-like monster repeated what Meg told Epel earlier.

And since the Scarabia boys just arrived they were shocked to hear this, "He put a curse on food?!"

"Now I'm gonna be wonderin' if everything I eat between now and the SDC is cursed. It's got me all paranoid." The grey cat was awfully worried for his own sake.

"I doubt that." The brunette deadpan stared at the monster as he stood up properly.

"I'm pretty careful about poisons, but I'll have to be extra careful if there are curses involved." The white haired boy said.

"Anything using magic will leave at least some trace behind, but... Hm." The ravenette tried to think how Vil's magic works.

"Maybe I could identify it if I brush up on my sensory abilities?" The Scarabia Prefect asked with a smile.

And his Vice Prefect just stared at him as if he was ridiculous, "You're not exactly sensitive to start with, you know. Mastering that seems a bit out of your reach."

"Hey, don't say that. You never know until you try!" Kalim seemed determined about it.

"Nah, Kalim. It takes years and a whole lot of experience." Meg pitched in, bumming the white haired boy who merely pouted.