Chapter 1

an: hello everybody this "story" is mostly inspired by my struggles and I wanted to share my experience. (English is not my first language so there will be mistakes).

Enjoy!

ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO SHONDA RHIMES

Maya's POV

I've been fighting for the majority of my life. But I don't think I made it obvious. Since I spent the majority of my childhood focused on running and making my father proud, I never had a close friend or friend group. But when I joined Station 19, everything changed. Station 19 started to feel like a second family to me, one that genuinely cared about my well-being. I've spent practically all of my career at Station 19, and I adore it. However, this was never going to last for very long.

"Maya Bishop you've been promoted to captain  of Station 19"

 I couldn't believe it. This has been my dream since I was in the academy. 

"WHAT?" I hear my closest friend Andy scream.

I was so preoccupied with being somehow so proud of myself that I entirely forgot about Andy. "I'm so sorry Andy." Andy had wanted to do this since she was a young child. She wanted to follow in her father's footsteps.

When I finish thinking everyone has exited the room, except for Ben. Ben was always very protective over me, there was a time when we all saw him as a father figure. He stayed and made sure I was okay. That is probably the first time someone has done that for me.

time skip 

I was thinking while working in my new office on how I had lost my best friend due to a ridiculous promotion. My chest started to close as I was seated. Breathing became more difficult for me all the time. I had no idea what was going on; similar situations had occurred before, but never to this level. A soft knock on the door is what I hear. Since my team was away on a call, I was unable to identify who it was. I attempted to get up off the ground but quickly fell. I witness the door flying open as a stunning young woman enters and drops everything on the ground.

"Hey, I got you; just relax. breathe deeply for me "said the brunette.

After a while, I noticed a slowing in my breathing. I hadn't realized I was crying until I had calmed down. I'm Maya Bishop and I'm not supposed to cry, I don't cry. Before the brunette could attempt to gently whip my tears, I flinched.

"Hey, it's okay, you are safe here" she calmly said. 

"What's your name?" she asked.

"M-Maya, Maya Bishop captain now I guess." I have never spoken like that before, what was happening?

"I am Carina, Carine DeLuca I work at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, I was supposed to drop some files," Carina said.

AN: okay this is my first time writing a book so it might now be good.

If you have any suggestions please tell me.

486 words, not a lot but its the first chapter.